Sunday, May 20, 2012

Birthday card

Wow another wonderful day in Montreal.  And my hubby is back from his mom!!!  So happy to have him back.  


This morning I gave in to my youngest son William... He had planted some seeds at school for tomatoes and other vegetables... unfortunately nothing much happened with them.  He was quite disappointed.  So I went with him and bought a bunch of plants.  I had promised myself not to do so this year because when we come back from camping, the plants all look sad... after 2 weeks without care.  But he soooo wanted to have some flowers and I must admit to liking them as well so I ended up buying loooots lol


Now I have to transplant them all but it's way toooo hot right now outside to do so.  So it was the perfect time to make a little card.  Usually I would have taken some sun but the pools not started yet... and without it, it's not as much fun.  Plus it's way cooler in my scrapbooking room.


I made a little birthday card for the sister of one of my colleague.


I used my Lil Spanish Lolita Willow digi from Tickled Pink.  I also used a nestabilitie shape I think it's label 20 and used a nestability die for the leaves under the rose ;)  It's from a brand new set that I purchased last week.  I love it because it also embossed the veins on the leaves.  I put some Robin's nest dew drops.  The paper and the rose are from a pack that I got as a freebie at Scrap en Masse.

I also used my sewing machine again on the rectangles.

I followed this amazing sketch:

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. Totally paper crafts - sketch
  2. Simply create too - feminine card
  3. Joanna sheen challenge - birthday
  4. Daisy doodles creative challenges - flowers (this is my 2nd entry)
  5. Die cuttin divas - flowers
Hope you liked it!  And I especially hope my colleague likes the card ;)

Going to plant those flowers now... William keeps bugging me and asking me if it's time... feels like I'm on a road trip... with ARE WE THERE YET?!?

Vicky
xo


  

5 comments :

  1. Lovely card and a pretty digi, fine job!
    Thanks for joining us at DCD this week! Hope to see you back next week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Pretty Card Vicky. Sassy Raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your entry is so cute, Vicky! Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too for our Challenge #13 - Mother's Day [or Feminine] Challenge. And, don't forget to come back this Friday for another great challenge!

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the image...Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

pinterest