Digi Make over challenge # 51 - Inspiration photo

This week at Digi Makeover Challenge we have an inspirational picture for you.

DM051

Nautical-Bedroom

You totally get the nautical feel right?  And we are happy to have Anda (Flying Fresian) as our guest designer so go and check out her stuff!  Actually you should see all the DT's fabulous work :D  such a talented team!

 So this is the card I made with this theme in mind:

I still loooooove doing easel cards :D  I used  for this card Fancy Pants paper - Childish things and BBP cardstock.  I used Standard and Scallop dies as well as Label 14 from Spellbinder.  I added some Robin's Nest dew drops and some eyelets in the shape of stars that I had purchased at Eyelet outlet quite a while back... totally forgotten to use them so this was the perfect opportunity!

Here's a closer look at the digi that I colored using my copics.  The sky is done using Faded Jeans distress ink and the sea is done with salty ocean from the summer collection.


And a closer look at the sentiment that I distressed using Faded Jeans distress inks again:


Here's the side view of my card.


I really hope that you will join us at Digi Makeover Challenge.  I really love to comment on your entries.

And don't forget to check us out on August 29th!!!  We have a special blog hop in honor of a very special DT Jen Scull!!!!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. Craft your days away - Anything goes
  2. Forever friends challenge blog - anything goes
  3. Theres magic in the air - Just say hello
  4. Pennys challenges - masculine
  5. Whimsy inspires - Lots of layers (2nd entry)
  6. Papelitos stamps - masculine (2nd entry)
  7. Simon says stamp and show - Summer distress (I used faded jeans for my distress ;D  Just love that blue and Salty ocean for the water)
So that's my last post for now :D  We will see if I create stuff today and get to do another post... but then again maybe you will be tired of me lol.... Don't forget to leave a comment.  I really love to read them.

Vicky

xo




Comments

  1. adorable easel card. Great color combo and love the pops of yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Vicky!
    Very beautiful card... nice colors and great unusual folds :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still love easel cards too :) even though I haven't done any lately. Thanks to you I can enjoy them through your blog :) Your card is fantastic!
    Hugs,
    Eret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great inspiration photo and your card is a perfect take on it. I need to get busy doing more easel cards. You're so far ahead of me now, that I'll never catch up! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Love your coloring, the DP, and that you created an amazing easel card! ;o)
    Ruza

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great easel card. Love your coloring and design. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicky,

    Your easel card is so pretty.
    I love the coloring and the paper also.
    Well done Vicky.

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicky...your easel card is very cute and very nicely colored. Very cute use of papers, die cuts and design. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicky,
    What a pretty easel card and scene! Awesome coloring - and thanks for joining us at There's Magic in the Air!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends 'Anything Goes' Challenge... you have made a lovely card.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous.Thanks for sharing with us at Whimsy Stamps.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet card, love the sailboat and the pretty paper. Thanks, for joining us over at There's Magic in the Air/Paper Cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway