Gingerloft Challenge - Happy birthday

Hello everyone!  Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!  Today for the new challenge over at Gingerloft challenge we have one that you will really love.  It's Happy Birthday!  We all need lots of Birthday cards, so this is a great time to make some up!

For this card I decided to go with a masculine looking card.  I don't have a lot of those and well... we all have masculine family members or friends that need to be celebrated as well!

For this card I decided to try out a new technique and I really love how it turned out!!!  So you will be seeing more of this for sure.  Especially since it's not an expensive one.  I used some Aluminum foil (I had seen something similar at a local store but done with the expensive craft material... I figured maybe it would work with some aluminum foil as well... so purchased one from the dollar store and it worked!!!) and some sookwang tape ( I used the big roll to put on the back of this foil and give some rigidity as well plus it's easier to stick to the project when it's embossed).  Once the foil was on the tape I used Tim Holtz Texture fades embossing folder.  I used paper from Swagger.  I used Adirondack alcool ink expresso and butterscotch to color the foil.  It's messy but fun!!! ;)

Here's a closer look at the wonderful image that I colored using my Pan pastel.  The fabulous sentiment is from Create with TLC.
 So what do you think of my new technique?!?

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

  1. Cas-ual fridays - CAS
  2. Sister act card challenge - Anything goes
  3. Whimsical designs - Mixed media (I'm thinking that my foil attempt is a mixed media)
  4. Eclectic ellapu - Anything goes
I have 2 more posts coming up!  Hope you like it.

Hugs

Comments

  1. Your new technique rocks Vicky!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your card is just gorgeous, you really outdid yourself on this masculin card, LOVE it! I have to try this technique and maybe even try to get a birthday card done for the challenge, eek!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky, love the look of this card. You should do a tutorial on how you did that technique. Some of us are a little slow- especially when we stay up all night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your card vicky. the alcohol ink/foil technique turns out so cool doesnt it :) thats an awesome stamp also. thanks for sharing with us at WWC :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome technique ... and gorgeous image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning, awesome in fact! I love those wolves, DH is a wolf person and they would be great for his birthday!
    Great technique with the tin foil and it is perfect for this card!
    Thanks for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu and I hope we'll see you again soon!

    Hugz
    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cool image and what a fabulous new technique. Glad you had so much fun with it. Definitely a fantastic masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is a wonderful technique. Beautiful, beautiful card Vicky...I love it...joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing technique on your card! Very nicely done! Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge!
    Thanks XOTrisha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coucou! ta carte est superbe, comme toujours! j'adore l'image et ta technique d'or est d'enfer!!!!! Merci d'avoir jouer à "Eclectic Ellapu" cette semaine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway