Sad little sympathy card

Goodevening everyone!  I'm here to share with you a card I made with a Doodle pantry image.  You have seen the beginning of this at the last WOYWW.  This is the card I made for my employee/friend that lost her Son-in-law.  It was the funeral today!!!!!  So very sad!!!  He was only 46 and has left 3 young kids behind and a wife that's totally devastated.

My hubby and I didn't stay very long at the funeral.  Just enough to pay our respects and for me to come out crying... Not in front of her but just seeing them with the pain... it was really sad...

I looked through the Doodle pantry precolored images because I didn't feel up to coloring for this card.  I was way too upset.  I just love that Doodle pantry have images that we can use this way.  The image is called Lily Coll - Calla C1.

I left this card really really CAS.  I used a 6x6 embossing folder freebie from the magazine Simply Cards and Papercraft.  I totally loooooove those magazines.  I think I'm addicted lol.  I used some MS silver ink on the raised part.  I also used that ink around the digi and sentiment that were cut using my Reverse wonky rectangle.

Here's a closer look at the digi
For the sentiment I made my own and this time I saved it because I seem to have to make a few of these cards.... So I'm sharing with you if you want the French sentiment.  Please refer people to this post and don't post it online.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. Doodle pantry blog - Use a doodle pantry image
  2. Totally gorjuss - anything goes
  3. A Creative romance - CAS
  4. Sister act card challenge - Anything goes
  5. As you like it challenge - Favorite flowers or trees and why.  Well in my case it depends on the occasions but for a funeral I would have to say Callas.  I really find that they are simple and elegant. 
  6. Loves rubber stamps challenges - Anything goes
  7. Word art wednesday - Anything goes
That's it for me for tonight.  I would ask for those of you that pray that you keep this family in your prayers.  They really need the extra comfort right now.


I have some candy giveaway until September 11th that you can find here : http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2013/09/creative-knockouts-blog-hop-and-some.html

Hugs

Comments

  1. I would have cried too, such a sin, that someone so young with so much to live for has gone, beautiful card though, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sympathy card! Thanks so much for Joining us for DPDC38.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card for a sad ocassion. My thoughts are with the family left behind. Thanks for joining Totally Gorjuss this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful sympathy card, Vicky. I am sure that your friend will be comforted by your thoughtful remembrance, even though the pain and sadness are so hard on this family right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sad Vicky. 46 is way to young to go. My prayers and thoughts are with this young family, your co-worker and you as well....Lovely card. Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sad, Deepest sympathies to his family and friends. Your card is a very beautiful CAS. Thanks for sharing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My thoughts go out to the family. Your card is beautiful. The image has been coloured to perfection. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty sympathy card! Thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. Hugs! MOjca

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful card for such a sad occasion. Too young to be taken and I heard you about leaving 3 children behind...so sorry for your friends lost. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card in the Doodle Pantry challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear heavens, certainly one of those really hard to make cards. The calla lilies do have a calmness and sympathetic way about them and certainly do the job for a card such as this. Your use of them above the black embossed is astounding and makes a beautiful touch. Thanks for playing along with Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 38!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's always so hard when you have to make sympathy cards. This card is beautiful and hopefully brings them a little peace. Thank you so much for joining us this month at Doodle Pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Firstly Vicky Condolences to your Friend, 46 is a very young aged to be taken... so sad!

    The card you made is so very elegant and yes your choice of flower for this occasion is just perfect too!

    Thanks for adding the info next to the link up!
    and thanks for joining in with our challenge to As You Like It, hugs Samantha : 0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a sad situation and a little scary given he is the same age as I am. It really brings your own mortality to bearing. You did a beautiful job in choosing your image and then putting the card together. It is an elegant CAS card and the texture from the embossing and the way you highlighted it is just perfect. Know that I have said a prayer for this family and all others going through similar circumstances.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sad, my deepest sympathy to your friend and her young family! Your sympathy card is beautiful, love the CAS format. Thanks for joining us at the DPDC#38!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card. I hate making sympathy cards. This one is so lovely with the dark background embossed with silver. I think I might have to case this one. Thanks for joining us at Doodle Pantry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway