Hoooooo Loves you?

Hello everyone!  I'm here to share with you a little card that I did for the progressive challenge over at Deedees digis.  This time the image is a little Owl and a baby one.

It was the perfect image for a card that I wanted to do for my son to give to his grandpa.  He got help for an entrance French exam for Cegep here (the step between highschool and university).  So I thought it was perfect because my dad really love owls... and to me they represent wisdom.  So it's like this older owl is giving it's wisdom to the younger one.  Anyway... I digress but my dad loved it! :) And he totally got that it was Andrew and him represented this way!


So for this card I used some paper from Studio Calico - American craft.  It's a paper with all the letters when you are trying to learn how to write... I thought it was fitting because of the help for the French exam which was a lot of writing!  I added some washy tape from my stash.  I also used my large circle.

Here's a closer look at the digi that I colored with my copics.  I used walnut distress ink all around it.  The sentiment is included in that fabulous set from Deedee.

I followed this fabulous sketch to make this but I'm too late to enter the challenge :(


I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

  1. Deedees digis - Progressive challenge
  2. Crafty catz weekly challenge - Animals
  3. Craftyhands devon - Anything goes
  4. Polkadoodle - Animal magic
  5. The stamping boutique challenge - distress it
That's it for me!  It's been a long week.  I'm looking forward to not do too much this weekend... just some housecleaning and hopefully lots of crafting :D

Hugs

Comments

  1. Love the lettering paper and fabulous owls, fantastic card, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, love those owls.... the distressing is a nice final touch. Thanks for joining us at THE STAMPING BOUTIQUE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Vicky love the image thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
    Hugs Dianne xx :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww such a beautiful owl card so so sweet

    thank you so much for entering the challenge Animal Magic over at Polkadoodles

    Hugs Kerrie
    polkadoodles DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This past week has been so hectic at my house that I can only beg forgiveness at not getting around to my usual visits. I love this card and you've really done a great coloring job. Now, DT hat time -- Thanks for playing along in DeeDee's Progressive challenge. Hugs, my friend.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card. Thanks for playing along with The Stamping Boutique! Looking forward to seeing your creations at our next challenge. ♥ Jamie at CraftyGirl21

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you joined us over at Deedee's again this month! Great colouring of the image! I really enjoyed reading about the inspiration behind creating the card for your son to give your dad! I know he will cherish it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicky, What a perfect card for you son to give to his Grandpa. You did a wonderful job with your sponging and that Washi tape is just perfect. Thanks so much for playing along with us here at Deedee's Digi of the Month challenge. We really loved seeing your card. Have a fantastic day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One way to win me over, use an owl! Thanks for joining in our 'Animal Magic' challenge at polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, so sweet! Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with the current CraftyHands challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great masculine card with this cute pair of owls! It's perfect for the occasion you described, and I'm sure grandpa will love this! I really like all the patterns in the vertical panel! Thanks for playing along with Deedee's monthly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vicky, this is just wonderful for your son to give to his grandfather and can see why it meant so much to him. That's great that he was able to help too. So cute and love the background paper with this. Thanks so much for joining us at Deedee's Digis too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic Card Vickyl Love those owls...Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card, Vicky, and all the more wonderful to hear that it was made for your son to share with his grandfather! The love and helpful guidance between family is definitely something to celebrate. I really like the combination of papers you used on this, the lettered paper being especially appropriate to the purpose of your card. The spongeing on the image also helps to bring it to life in a wonderful way. Thanks so much for joining us again for this month's challenge at Deedee's Digis! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway