Owl be there for you

Hey everyone!  How was your day?  It was a hard one for me... I have no mojo... so I try to force some coloring...  and today it was a scary time to be a Canadian.... not something that we are used too here... having 2 attacks to our military (one Monday here in the province of Quebec) and one today at Ottawa it's pretty scary....

My thoughts and prayers are with those who died and their families!

I'm sure that you are not here to read about the news... so I'll share with you a little card that I made with a digi from a fellow Canadian artist My whimsical little world it's the great  Spooky Owl.  I made this card for my dad for his Halloween.... he loves owls and I thought it would be perfect.

I used a sketch because right now the challenge over at My whimsical little world is about using a sketch which is great when the mojo is lacking... so using a sketch really really helps!!

The paper for this card is from MME -blackbird.  I used my Nellie's ovals.  I added some leaves stickers from my stash as well as a little spider from Jolee boutique.  And of course I put some black seambinding ribbon.

Here's a closer look at the digi that I colored with my copics.  The great sentiment is from Create with TLC

Here's the great sketch that I followed for this, I turned it on it's side.


I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

  1. Tuesday morning sketches - Sketch
  2. My whimsical little world - FB challenge - use a sketch
  3. Stamps fun-creativity - Owls
That's it for this... I will probably be back with more... just because it's getting close to the end of the month... and need to get those progressive challenges in!!!

Hugs


Comments

  1. Great card Vicky, this owl is fabulous and I love the papers and colours you used. Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your mojo is lacking and sorry you've had a couple tough days this week (meant to address that on the post I read it in). And, you're right--being Canadian this past week is heart wrenching. These kinds of things are not supposed to happen up here. Very scary and just devastating.

    Your card turned out well even without the mojo working. Another great sketch. Thanks for the link.

    And I guess that is it for today. Sorry it has taken me so long to pop over and say hi. Know that you are in my thoughts every single day. Wishing you a safe return of your mojo among other things.

    Big squishy hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning and lovely card, thank you fro sharing at SFC this week.
    Francy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a cute owl!
    Thanks for playing along this week at TMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a scary week last week for sure. There was another problem in Halifax right after. After what happened inMoncton this year I am terrified. I too keep crafting as therapy. I love this fun card - I'm going to share it on the TMS Facebook page today: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuesday-Morning-Sketches/165327566909261?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway