Simply Betty 13 days of Halloween - Challenge # 3 - Blood curdling

Hello!  I'm back and this time it's for my make for the Simply Betty 13 days of Halloween Contest.  The challenge today was to make the make bloody....

I have to say that this one was easier for me!  I had sooooo many ideas... the hardest thing was what to do that would be clever enough and how to actually pull it off!!!!  The initial ideas had to be ruled out because I just didn't have the knowhow to actually make it!

And this is what I ended up with using the great Skeleton Key Samantha.  So I made a wall hanging!  I did some blood on the door like she had stabbed whoever was in the door... and I used some glossy accent as well as some red nail polish.


The background paper is from DCWV - Midnight spell. I used some brads from Eyelet outlet and some chain from my stash.  I added some spiderweb that I stained with some red tattered angel spray.  I used a little axe charm from my stash for the door :)  that was the part that was the hardest... what to use for this...

Here's a closer look at Samantha colored with my copics.  The sentiment is from Create with TLC.
Here's the sideview of it so you can see how it's stuck in the door
And here's the look when on a door in my house.  Now the walls are yellow... so not the best to showcase... So I tried to effect it out a bit... not sure of the look achieved... but you get the idea!
I'm entering this make in the following challenges:

  1. Left of center challenges - 3 or more layers or LOC - it's both!
  2. Punk you girl - Anything goes
  3. Come and get it - Halloween challenge
  4. Haunted design house - You wood do that- so wood in the project... it's not a wooden plate... but it's a wooden door and I made it look more like wood with the axe in it  bwahahaha - hope that's ok!
That's it for today!!!  Hope you had a great day..

Hugs

Comments

  1. This is really awesome!!! I would never have thought of the red nail polish. Ingenious!!! Love how you did the door, and the spider and spider web make great accents. I am sooo lovin' all your projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gruesomely great. Thanks for showing the side shots. Nice hangar. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fab Vicky who doesn't love to add a little faux blood to a creation :) hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fabulousness!!! this is awesome Vicky! I'm loving the projects over at SBS... but wishing more would join the challenge.... I've been alone the last two!! lol :) X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! And thank you for joining us at LOC! And for playing at PunkyouGirl too! mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. See looks so sweet but deadly. A fabulous Halloween card. The blood and axe on the door are fantastic! Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It. We hope you will join us again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic project thanks for joining in at Punk You Girl !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful project - thanks for sharing at Punk You Girl, good luck and hope to see you again x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful Halloween-doorhanger!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Halloween” challenge & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Come and Get It)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great piece of art.
    Love it.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous creation! I love that door and it's "accoutrements". Very clever.
    Thanks for joining us at HDH.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful doorhanger thanks for playing at hdh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway