Snowy cottage

Hello everyone!  I'm here to share with you a little card that was made with one of the latest stamps set from Cuddly Buddly called Snowy cottage
I really love how elegant and old world it looks.  Like the typical Christmas look and the ones that used to show on cards when I was younger and I kept looking hoping to get a glimpse inside of that little cottage... it looked so cozy.... lol yeah... maybe I'm weird... but that use to occupy my imagination as a child!

So here's my card with this great set.  The stamp was stamped using Memento ink.  And I'm always in awe of how crisp of an image you get with those fabulous stamps!
The paper is from a freebie that I got with my magazine Papercraft essential!  Just love those freebies and this paper was just PERFECT for this card.  I used my curved rectangle, my grand scallop rectangle, scallop and large circle all from Spellbinder.  I added a pine cone made with my Elizabeth craft 766 pinecone die and used the snowflakes from 757 snowflakes.  The pine leaves were done with a memory box die.  I added a simply spring burlap ribbon and used a left over piece of burlap for under the sentiment.  I put some pearls in the middle of the snowflakes and added a metal corner.

Here's a closer look at the stamp colored with my copics.  I added a bunch of stickles to the snow.  The sky was done with some pebbles chalk lightly.
Here's a closer look at the pine cone love how it turned out!
and here's a closer look at the snowflakes
So what do you think?!?  Did I capture that old world charm?!?

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. Crafty ribbons challenge - Christmas past with ribbon
  2. As you like it challenge - favorite fibre and why - I really love the burlap, I adore the added texture that it gives to a creation.  And it seems so much shabbier... and vintage
  3. Christmas at sweet stampin challenge blog - Snowflakes
  4. Fab n funky challenges - Christmas - but didn't do the twist of the packaging
  5. Deep ocean challengeblog - Christmas in October
That's it for me for this post... I'm hoping to post some more because I have other cards done and not posted... Just not feeling up to blogging...

Hugs

Comments

  1. All the wonderful traditional Christmas colours to create a beautiful scene!
    Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I love this image and the digital paper is just perfect. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is lovely! Love the diecuts too. Fabulous image and lovely Christmas card. Thanks so much for joining in our Christmas challenge at Fab 'n' Funky this week. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely snowy scene combined with traditional Christmas colours. Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely creation, thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    Good luck
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely snowy scene!

    Thanks for sharing at CASS.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway