So I thought and thought about that one... I don't do many alterations... but I have seen some fabulous artist that do over at Smeared and Smudged Forum and so I have to give thanks to them for the inspiration.
My make was to transform a regular wood little box into something more! And here's the picture of the before. I had NEVER done anything of the kind... so it took me FOREVER!!! lol There's lots of steps to this...
My inspiration came also from the digi that I wanted to use for this Amarantha Red Ribbon Digi
Once the exterior was dry I used Deco Art Moss Pearl paint and then the Deco Art Metallic lustre in black shimmer and iced Expresso. I added some metal pieces to the side with some elmer glue. I put it all back together. I added some paper from DCWV - The immortal love series. I added the digi that I had colored with my copics and covered the top with an acetate to protect it.
Here's the finished product!
I'm entering this box in the following challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create - Anything goes with the twist of boxes, tags, etc. - did the twist :)
- dlart-thankful-thursday - Halloween
- Left of center challenges - vintage halloween - or LOC, I think I probably fit the theme this time!
- Haunted design house - Halloween adult stuff (yeah what can I say I really love playing with you guys when I can... so it's my last entry promise :) )
- 4 crafty chicks - Anything goes
- Decorate to celebrate - Anything goes 3d!
- Divas by design challenge - Anything goes
- Artistic inspirations challenges - Anything goes/spooky
- Through the purplehaze challenges - Halloween
- Brown sugar challenge - Anything goes
That's it for me! Hope you guys have a fabulous Halloween!!!!