Lucy Loo Right side of the profile - Patriotic challenge

Well it's already time for a new challenge over at The east wind and this time around it's Patriotic.  That's a great time for it since it's the 1st of July here and Canada day.

I do love Canada day....but I find it hard to use as inspiration because that's only red and white....

This time around however someone that I know had shared a picture of making a stamp out of twine and a wood block.  I thought I would give this a go and that's what I did for this background.  I think it turned out quite fun!

I've also become quite fond of using project life cards!  and I found a set of dies from Quickutz called pocket scrap dies life.  That's how I did the sentiment on the left end side and the life at the bottom of the right page.  The sentiment was cut out from a book that I purchased in the special section of Homesense.  It had some awesome quotes that I figured I would be able to use and this one is about chaos which is appropriate with this background.  I used as well a project life card as my background for Lucy loo.  I used my cropadile punch for the round edge.

I'm entering this little journaling in the following challenges:

  1. 4crafty chicks - Patriotic
  2. My sheri crafts - Patriotic project and that's what it is :) red and white!
  3. Suzy pants smarty - Anything goes with a twist of 2 colors (red and white)
Hope you have a great Canada day everyone!  I will be back with more...

Hugs

Comments

  1. Super cool Vicky - love the 'scratchy' red background and your colouring on the image is AWESOME !!! I just snagged her for myself too :-D
    Hugz

    IKE xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up this week over at my sheri crafts. Your journal page looks very interesting, love the twine stamp and the image too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure are rocking the new techniques, Vicky! Love this background and the quote is very fitting. Fabulous pages. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project and thank you for joining us at Suzy Bee's crafty hugs Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway