TEW - Party girl

Oh it's already September 1st!!!! Where is the time going?!?  The good news is that means there's a new Freebie if you are a newsletter subscriber at The East Wind.

And she's a total CUTIE pie perfect for our corrugated paper challenge!

Now because it's September it's also back to school time.  I have to say that I really love shopping for back to school stuff because I always see cool scrappy stuff too!  I ended up buying more stuff for me at Walmart than for my kids lol there was a bunch of very cool Crayola products out!!!!  Including a set of neon acrylic paints for kids (washable lol).  It just called out my name.

Of course, I had to use them on this project.  Got me super excited.  I've been really inspired by Bonnie to try to create stuff in bolder colors and different ways.  So here's my journaling with this fab image.

I used some black texture paste on this and of course some corrugated cardboard that I recycled from a recollection box that my new organizer came in!  Love love love recycling in my art now!  The background is all done with the crayola paint.  I added some black memento ink on the cardboard to make it pop as well as the edge of the book.  I also used black card stock on all the sentiments that I got from Create with TLC.  There is also one from Ginger's house with is the Messy sentiment.

Here's a closer look at the fab digi that I colored with my copics.  Her shirt however was done using my new wink of Luna in purple and I did the silver of her earrings also using a wink of Luna pen.

I'm entering this little journaling in the following challenges:

  1. Allsorts challenge. - Recycle/upcycle - I recycled the corrugated cardboard from a box
  2. Mixed media world - gorgeous textures
  3. We love 2 create - Anything creative mixed media goes
  4. Hiding in my craftroom - anything goes
  5. Alphabet challenge blog - no design paper
That's it for this post but there's plenty more coming up so please do come back!!!

Hugs

Comments

  1. Great recycling of the corrugated Vicky, one of my fav things to reuse.

    Many thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is a fantastic project. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog challenge N for no design papers. Hugs Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pages. I always love to see corrugated card used in art and here it adds fabulous texture to your piece. Love the colours too. Thanks so much for joining in with the Love to Create Challenge . Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Journal page, Wonderful image you have used!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicky. Love your journaling pages. Love love love the bold colors too. So happy you shared with us at Mixed Media World. We hope you will join in our next Mixed Media World challenge. It's anything goes but need to use Autumn Colors. Sounds perfect didn't it??

    With smiles
    Laine K
    MMW DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

400 followers giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10