Another Birthday oh my

Hello!  I'm back with another birthday card.  Told you last week that I had LOADS to do... I wasn't lying lol  I wanted to make this one all weekend but I felt really bad... to the point that my daughter actually forced me to stay sitting down doing nothing.

Not easy getting old, body parts hurt.... and blood pressure goes haywire on you for no apparent reason just here and there....  oh well that is life isn't it. And speaking of getting old here is the birthday card that I was talking about.  I used another fabulously glamourous girl from Sandra Caldwell called Miss Lula Mae.  She's on special until tomorrow at 1.5$ what a great deal here.  And she's on special because there's a contest on FB group page to use her!!! That contest also ends tomorrow.  So join in!!!  You will see the link in the challenges that I'm entering because of course you KNOW I will be joining in.

Now there's also over at Outlawz for the entire month a sponsoring from Sandra for the sketch challenge.  So I figured I would use that fab sketch this week again. It really helps because I haven't been doing many cards recently so it's great to have a starting point.  And my card from last week was showcased this week!!!  I was super excited about that.

I had a strip of paper (maybe it was given to me... I don't remember) and it was 2 sided.  Just perfect for this card.  That was the starting point.  Then I really wanted to punch this up a bit hence the yellow :)  I was really wondering what to use for the corner instead of a flower because I wanted it to stay fairly flat (it's going oversea...).  When looking around I found a jar of buttons of odd shapes that I had gottern as a gift from my dad going to garage sale!  Score!!!  The image was colored with my copics.  I added gel roll pen on the glasses and the jewelry.  And the glasses where layered with glossy accent.  The sentiment is from Imagine that.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

  1. Outlawz challenges sketch challenge
  2. Sandra Caldwell FB group - glam girls
  3. Corrosive challenges - Anything goes
  4. Crafty friends challenge blog - Anything goes
  5. Brown sugar challenge - Rhinestone and/or ribbon - went with ribbon
That's it for me for tonight!!!  Hope you have a great evening.

Hugs

Comments

  1. Hey girl...It's Julie in Florida! Didn't realize you had a blog too! Good grief, you are one busy chika!!!! Such a cute card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Vicky, love everything about it.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! And I totally agree with you - getting old is NOT for the faint of heart - it's tough! BUT, we're tougher - I just hook up my 50' oxygen tubing and travel all over my house and out into the yard (as far as I can go). My whole family, even the grandkids, are constantly getting caught up in the tubing - LOL! Life is tough, but we still keep going! Hang tough!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway