Sympathy card

This next card is not as much fun!!!  It's one that will be given to my stepmom.  She lost her mom on Friday.  This amazing lady was almost a grandmother to me and a great grandmother to my kids because we have known her for 14 years.  She lived with my dad and my stepmom so we used to see her all the time.

Mme Yvette Julien was 95 years old.  I wanted to make a card that would be special for my stepmom.  And will go and give it to her in person when I go to the service this week.

I wanted to make a vintage card for this sad occasion and I went with my go to place for this type of image which is Create with TLC.  I used the wonderful digi Vintage butterfly free.  I thought it was the perfect image as my step grandma is now free and has joined the Lord.  She no longer suffers.

I used my Word to change the color of the document.  I used paper from Studio Calico by American Craft.  The ribbon is from my stash purchased at a dollar store.  The button that I added belonged to my stepmom and might have actually been one from her mom.  So I thought that would bring back her memory.

Here's a closer look at the digi and the sentiment that I made since I needed a French one.
To make this card I followed this sketch:


I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

  1. Raise the bar challenge - Sketch
  2. Word art wednesday - Anything goes
  3. All sorts challenge - Vintage
So that's it for tonight!!!  It's time to go to bed... hopefully I'll be able to sleep even if I'm stuffed up like crazy!!!

Hugs and see you tomorrow!

Comments

  1. So sorry to hear about your family's loss. Your sympathy card is very uplifting.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so sorry for your families' loss :-(
    That is a truly lovely card - gorgeous xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry - I think I totally typed " familys' " wrong !!! :-( Now that doesn't look right either !!! ACK !! Having a bad day xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Condolences to your stepmom Vicky. You have made an absolutely beautiful card for her. This image from Create with TLC is perfect for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Vicky, this is beautiful and obviously made with a lot of love. My condolences to your family. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sympathy Cards are never fun to make. Yours is so pretty! I have never seen this Image before. Sending prayers to your Step Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely card for such a sad occasion. I am sure it will be appreciated. thanks for joining in with my challenge over at Allsorts this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is VERY pretty, Vicky. Your cards are always such a blessing to me and I'm so grateful to have you share them in our challenges. May God bless your Easter Day, and give you a wonerful week filled with His goodness and love. Thanks for stopping by!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card my friend, I will be sending prayers your way for you and your family... I grew up with a step dad so I know how close and important people can become when we become part of each other's lives. Michael doesnt' have any family where I live but he does have honarary grandparents, 2 sets!! and and honorary step dad, Troy.... Your stopmom will appreciate and love this card. My condolences my sweet friend. Extra hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sympathies to you and your family. What a great card for your step-mom, I know she will love and cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Vicky, my thoughts and prayers go to you and your family. Your card is going to be so appreciated by your step-mom. It is lovely and comforting. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Memere. Even though she was only in your lives for 14 years that doesn't minimize her importance to you. Find comfort in the long life she lived and the memories you and your family created with her while you were together. This is a beautiful card to honour her and I'm sure your stepmom will appreciate it.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card for a beautiful woman Vicky! I am sure she led a wonderful 95 years of life, having you and yours as a part of her family. I love the silhouette image and sentiment. Thank you so much for joining in on our challenge this week over at Raise The Bar!
    ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway