Happy Mail - Art by Mi Ran

Hello everyone!  It's my turn to host the Art by Mi Ran blog post!  This time around our theme for the month is Back to school.  I decided for my make to use an image that you would not necessarily think of using but once you hear the story behind the choice you will agree I think.

Remember when you applied to a special program and how much you wanted to be in it?!?  And don't know about you but that and my report cards coming in would have me checking up the mail everyday until it finally arrived!  So that's why for my card I used the awesome Happy Mail
Digital Digi Stamps - Happy Mail, Coloring Page, Coloring for Children,  Instant Download Digi Stamp, Line Art for Card

So here's what I have made with her :)  I decided to go with a purple and yellow color combination.  I really hate how the purple often ends up looking bluish...

The paper that I used for this is from Momenta Card stock.   I used my Label 8, my gold ivy and large circle dies all from Spellbinder and my French Lily corner die from Joy craft.  I added some lace and some bling from my stash.

Here's a closer look at the digi that I colored with my copics.  The great sentiment is from Create with TLC

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

  1. Crafty sentiments - Anything goes
  2. Pinspirational challenges - Anything goes
  3. Come and get it chalenge - back to school - not the typical one I know... but read the reasoning for it :)
  4. We do doo badoo - Shabby Chic - that's how shabby chic I can get....

I hope you have a fabulous Wednesday!  I'll be back later with another post so please don't go anywhere!

Hugs

Comments

  1. Hey, Vicky. What a cute card. You can just imagine her waiting and finally getting that letter. I like all the different die shapes that you used on this card. Your coloring is very nice. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That makes it the perfect back to school card! I love your take on the theme. Your card is darling and I love your choice of image too. Thanks for playing with us at Come and Get It. ~Lizzy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is adorable! I can't decide if she looks nervous or delighted about opening that envelope. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant take on a Back to School theme, Vicky! So cute! Love the book page. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a lovely card and cute image.
    Huggs

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so cute! Adorable image colored wonderfully and the corner diecut and lace just set this right off for me. I love it! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week in our "Anything Goes" challenge! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your lovely fresh card with us at we do doobadoo, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning project and love all the details and layers. Many thanks for joining in with We Do Doobadoo "Shabby Chic" challenge.Lou x

    http://wedodoobadoo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, I love it! Thanks for joining in with us at We Do Doobadoo, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway