Shopping while it rains

Hello everyone!  Hope you are doing good!  It's Saturday!  And the kids are away.. so YUP it's going good here :)

I'm here to share with you one of the last makes that I did with my camping journal.  This time I'm here with a fabulous precolored image from Imagine that.

The cute set that I used this time is Carly n Munchkin and right now it's only 2$$$ HOW awesome right?!?
I needed an embellishment for the pages where we talked about our rainy shopping day.  When I saw this cute digi I thought she would be PERFECT.  The only thing is that she's holding a turtle... in French we have this saying that says "Il pleut, il mouille c'est la fête à la grenouille, quand il ne pleuvera plus ce sera la fête à la tortue" which means it's raining it's the frog's b-day, when it won't rain anymore it will be the turtle's b-day... but well... it was raining so it should have been a frog lol so that's what I mentioned on this journal page.

I'm pretty sure that one day the kids will refer to this and have fun reading this :)

And here's a closer look at that saying that I wrote and the great precolored digi

So what do you think?!?  Is this a good way to use digis?!?  My hubby was pretty impressed with our journal this year... but I did spend a lot of time working on it!

I'm entering this journal in the following challenges:

  1. Word art wednesday - Anything goes
  2. 613 Avenue Challenge  - anything goes - optional sentiment
That's it for me for today!  Hope that I can get to craft a bit... missed my craft space lol been 3 wks without using it!!!

Hugs

Comments

  1. This is SO CUTE!~! Love the little image. You are really making me want to create a book / journal~~~ Maybe one day soon.

    Hope you enjoy your day. It is very icky, stormy and rainy here. Is supposed to be for the next few days :/

    Hugs!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Vicky, I never knew about that saying, but it's sure cute!! :) I do have a digi of Bella holding a frog! :) heehee. Many of my digis are inspired by my own daughters and what they like and my oldest has liked, no... she's LOVED turtles and frogs for the longest time! At night after it's dark she goes out to feed her bunny and she takes a flashlight and looks for all the li'l baby frogs. They're so cute and tiny. OK, nuff about us, your journal is A+ and love how you're using the digis. Thanks so much Vicky, and hope you get some SUNSHINE soon! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful way to use a digi....Love it...Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

400 followers giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10