For this post I decided to finally get around to doing the 1st prompt of the year that Journal 52 gave which was Word for 2016!
My word for the year is Acceptance. And by that I mean accepting myself as I am and stop feeling guilty or that I'm not good enough! I need to convince myself this year that I am worthy and that I am enough!!!
This doesn't mean that I won't work hard on a bunch of my issues (for example patience which is lacking... lol) but it means that I really need to also accept myself like I would any of my friends. I tend to want too much of myself and that is not good and it ends up in a bad spiral.
I used the great image 171 to make this because I wanted this little girl to look chocked that this was my word :)
The background for those 2 pages was done at a class that I took using the silks paint. I did a bunch of writing on this using my Winsor & Newton watercolor marker as well as my posca pens. I used some distress pistachio ink for the edge of the sentiment.
Here's a closer look at the digi that I colored using my copics. The sentiments come from Create with TLC as well as from Ginger's House.
I'm entering this little journaling in the following challenges:
- Open-minded crafting fun - Something new - well my new thing is working on Acceptance! That's my new word of the year. And I used for the 1st time my Windsor and Newton pen.
- Creative moments - Anything goes/something new - well both apply see the explanation above
- Inspiration destination challenge blog - Anything goes
- Wordart wednesday - Anything goes
- Everybody-art-challenge - Text is the motive - even if I have an image the text is the biggest thing on this layout. It's the entire purpose of this journaling.
That's it for me for today. Have a fabulous day!!! There's another post coming up.