Altered Playing card doll - RSD

Hello!  I'm back and this time I'm here to share with you something new on my blog.  This is my 2nd doll but I didn't share the 1st one with you yet.  This one I used a great image from Rick St-Dennis this one you can find in the store here.  I thought that head would be awesome for a little altered card doll.

I'm part of a FB group that you can find here.  And saw such great inspiration.  However when I went to do mine I thought it was a lot more difficult to make... because let's be honest here!  A playing card is not exactly the most flattering of figures for a woman... I'm pretty sure that no one wants to be that rectangle from shoulders to hip lol

So I had to find a way to camouflage that she had no shoulders.... that's when I thought of some sequin ribbon that I had it was the perfect accessory for this lady.  I also found her arms in a Sears Catalogue, the dress was part of an Elle magazine cut out and the legs from another.  I added some washi tape as well to hide the seam of her skirt to sweater.

I tried to get her to stand up for the pictures.... but the legs were too flimsy... and I had to make her sit.

I left the card like it was because I liked to have the V of the brand showing up.  I thought it was pretty neat.  The face was colored with my copics and then fussy cut out.

This little doll will be sent out in a swap that I'm participating in :)  Hope my partner likes her.

I'm entering this little doll in the following challenges:

  1. Artistic inspirations challenges - Anything goes
  2. Not just cards challenges - Anything goes
  3. The papergirls challenge - Mixed Media
  4. Gem challenge blog - don't be square - that is definetly not square :)
  5. Crafty friends challenge blog - Anything goes
That's it for me for today.  Hope you have a great day!!!

Hugs

Comments

  1. Wow, that's so cool! Great idea. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEKKK! Love it, Vicky! So fun and creative. Might just have to check out that group. You did a fabulous job on this. xxD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway