Goodluck card

Hello!  Hope you are staying warm and safe.  We have been battling crazy cold weather here.  Well in keeping with my resolution here is another post just for the blog that won't be shown on my channel.

One of my colleagues gave her resignation before the holidays and her last working day was the 2nd of January.  I figured it would be nice to give her a card signed by the entire department.  So I prepared one.  I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do.  I knew that she loves biking and I had a perfect stamp that had not yet been used.  I believe I had gotten this when it was on special with the thought of making her a b-day card.  Since that is not happening now it was the time to use it because who knows when I next will feel inspired with this stamp.

Don't know about you but there are many stamps in my collection that are not being used and that should be used... all because I don't see the perfect opportunity and since I don't make card as often well this doesn't help.

Anyway here is the card that I made.
The bicycle was stamped over book text.  I used some gel pens to color in the flowers.  The sentiment was also stamped on a book page (I used the 1st page where there's the title and there is lots of empty space that can be used for this).  I couldn't find a good sentiment and I have lots of letter stamps, this was the perfect opportunity to use them.  I have used my spellbinder circle and scallop circle.  And lots of layering.

I really liked how the card came out.  I figured it was elegant and just sweet in general.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

  1. Catch the bug blog - Anything goes challenge
  2. Crafters castle - Anything goes
  3. Qkr stampede - anything goes
  4. Moving along with the times - Flowers
  5. Crafty hazelnuts patterned paper - using patterned paper
That's it for me for today!  Have a great Sunday and see you all soon!

Hugs

Comments

  1. Ooh this is a gorgeous card. Such a fab image and I love how you’ve stamped it onto a book page - it has a lovely elegant vintage feel to it.
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for our Flowers Challenge!
    Hugs Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card....stamping over book text was a brilliant idea!!! And I really love that used the French sentiment! Thank you for entering Crafter's Castle Challenge....good luck :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Vicky. Good luck with the MAWTT challenge. Janice DT MAWTT http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card, lovely details, I suspect she was thrilled to receive it.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Vicky. Good luck with the MAWTT challenge Janice DT MAWTT http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card... Nice colours... Thank You for joining us at the Crafter's Castle ATG challenge. - Priya Satish DT Crafter's Castle

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card. I hope your friend likes it. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is quite lovely.

    I like to challenge myself with stamping. Dig out a set you haven’t used and just make a card!

    I love your videos and you’ve given me inspiration for using my scraps (and stamps)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice card. Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge. Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your videos! I have
    couple questions...what can i use to remove the tombo all purpose glue? Love it, but it's very sticky and it ends up getting on everything! Also, what do you use as a mat on your work station? I've been using a teflon mat, intended for use in the oven? Thx vicky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the late reply! Blogger put your comment into spam. I use a glass mat. This makes the cleaning super easy. If you are trying to remove liquid glue I don't think you can. if you are using some tape glue there are a few ways. Sometimes I find that I can just rub it off using my finger. The other way is using one of the tools that is made especially for this like this : https://www.scrapbook.com/store/ek-ekadr01.html

      Delete
  12. You are an Eveready Battery Bunny!! I've watched many of your creative videos and vlogs. Love the perky music and look forward to more of your creativity. Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway