ICU - RSD

Hello!  I'm here just to share for fun a little make that I did.  My mojo's been out the door because Monday I learn from the psychiatrist that the medication that I was taking wasn't the right one... that explains why I wasn't getting better and actually felt worst in some aspect.  The good news is that I had made some change myself by doing really NOTHING which meant that the darker thoughts stayed away even if I was feeling sad and tired.

And of course I also learned on Sunday the dismantling of the SBS team and that bummed me out as well...  It's a good thing that I'm doing mixed media these days... playing with paints and getting all dirty is really helping my mood and letting me cope better with stuff... I can't do much but the little I do brightens up my day.

Anyway that's not why I'm here... I'm kinda in a zombie mood... maybe because I'm feeling a bit like one?!?  That actually might be close to the truth.... and I have used a lot of zombies in my coffee little altered book.  This one is the great ICU zombie image from Rick St-Dennis.  I just love this guy!!!  And had to replace his blood supply with some coffee supply after finding the quote that I used online :)

Here it is:

I used some washi tape, some cheesecloth that I colored with some Cherrie pie dylusions sprays.  I used my MS punch on some paper that I got in a swap and used my October afternoon letters as well for the sentiment.  On the side that I put the coffee sentiment I did some stenciling with a crafter's companion stencil.

Here's a closer look at the digi colored with my copics.
and here's a closer look at the sentiment:
I'm entering this little make in the following challenges:

  1. Dream in darkness - Anything goes dark
  2. Left of center challenges - went LOC on this make
  3. Smudgy antics - Anything goes
  4. Altered eclectics - Something altered
  5. Rhedds creative spirit - Mixed media anything goes
  6. Loves rubber stamps challenges - Coffee, tea or favorite beverage - I love coffee :)
  7. Shopping our stash - Play misty for me - used my dylusion sprays on the cheesecloth
That's it for me folks!  Hope you are all good!  And thank you so much for your comments they really make my day brighter!

Hugs

Comments

  1. Vicky, hang in there! And inking and getting messy helped me out of a box I crawled into after my husband's death 11 years ago. But it only happened less than a year ago when I discovered this medium and outlet! So keep on crafting as you can and you will come out on the side with the light again I am so sure! Love this zombie and replacing his iv with coffee is how I feel most mornings! lol! Thanks for playing with us again at Dream in Darkness this month! ~Nan, CT~

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa...great sentiment that goes so well with your zombie! A fab mixed media project! Glad to hear you found something to keep you busy during this difficult time. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps, hopw you'll join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Vicky! Sorry to hear about your SBS team! Glad they caught the med error. Love your altered book. Good use of your sprays and collage pieces! Very nicely crafted! Thanks for taking the "Play Misty For Me" Challenge at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Vicky! Glad to see this page, such an awesome image! Brilliant coffee 'drip'! Glad you are feeling a bit better and loving your mixed media. Thanks for going darker and playing with us at Dream in Darkness! CT kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow so creative and cool! Great mixed media work. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps!
    Jennifer, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab use of the sprays on the cheesecloth and this is just awesome! That's me on the right when I don't get my tea!
    Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew this week for our "Play Misty for Me" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab pages...and a great entry for our challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mix of styles and the wonderful textures.  Come back next month for some more Smudgy Antics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the stuff you have going on here! Really awesome zombie and the cheesecloth is ooo creepy good! Thanks for playing with us at Dream in Darkness!~ CT kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the texture of the cheese cloth Vicky...sorry your mojo went off by its self...mine does that all to often these days... thanks for sharing with us at Smudgy antics again this month... see you in June. BDx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your book inspired me to get one for me too, :). Awesome pages, full of creepynes with humor. Thank you for joining our very 1st challenge at Dream in Darkness, hope to see you back in June.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vicky, What a delightful little book. I love handmade books and really enjoyed seeing this. Thank you for joining us in the May challenge on Altered Eclectics and look forward to seeing more of your work.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway