Life

Hello!  This is an unusual post for me... one just for the fun of it.  It seems that all I do is DT work.  Not that I mind I totally love doing it but it was fun to do a little project just because.

My dad purchased some children cardboard books for me that are 2 3/4 inch x 2 3/4 inch.  He is my go to person to get stuff for cheap for me from garage sales and stuff.  His request this time was that I make a little album for him.   So I decided to make one about Life (in French since my dad is French speaking only).  I search on the net for some cool quotes for this.

And I got a big order of fab stamps from Unity today!!!  I was super excited to start playing with them.  Their challenge was my inspiration for colors

And here's my little book

This is the front and the back of the book
Here's the 1st page using the cute stamp from Counts as fruit.  I thought that was a good illustration of simple pleasures!
And here's the 2nd page I used the Trust your soul stamp set (the heart one... but it's showing really pale).  The quote for this page is from the "Le Petit Prince" that states that the only time you see clearly is with the heart and the rest is invisible... hence the darker writing.
Here's the next page where I used the Day and night stamp set, I paired it with some la la land craft gears dies

And here's the page that states that you need to stop dreaming about your life but live your dreams.  The stamp is from Simple Daily Blessing
and here's the last page about life being simple but people being complex :)  I used some pebbles texture paste with a stencil from Crafter's companion.  I used a stamp again from Trust your soul.
The writing was done with some Faber Castel pitt pens and the inks are mostly archival inks.  The paints were dollar store acrylics.

That's it!  What do you think?  Fun?  It was dirty but a fun little project.  

I'm entering this little book in the following challenges:
  1. The unity stampco-challenge - I was inspired by the color scheme and well that picture is all about life!
  2. Ema-ginationstation - Anything goes
  3. Altered eclectics - Something altered
  4. One crazy stamper com - Anything goes with stamps
  5. Rhedds creative spirit - mixed media anything goes
That's it for me.  Hope your week has been good so far!!!

Hugs

Comments

  1. Gorgeous hunnie, such a great idea too xx
    hugs and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thing to have your Dad seek treasure for you. I bet he will treasure his lovely book from his clever daughter. Thank you for linking to Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is an amazing little book. Even though I don't understand French, I got the idea. I am sure your Dad will treasure it. Thanks for sharing this with us. Hugs, Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Vicky, how creative! Such a loving gesture for your dad on both ends. xx We’re moving on Wednesday! I hope you’ve had a chance to visit the new blog and become a follower. If you haven’t had a chance yet, remember, it is a requirement to claim prizes at IDCB. If you have, thank you so much for your support and thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super altered book, I know how much fun these are to alter...yours is gorgeous and I bet you dad was thrilled to receive it...
    Thank you for joining us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow great project thanks for playing along with us at Unity

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway