Rosey Hearts - New release - on the cutey side

I was challenged from the wonderful Sandie Gough of our team to try to make some dark makes and some cute makes with the same images from the new release of Rosey Hearts you can go and check out the store here.

So obviously you can find the cute makes on this blog and you will find my darker equivalent makes on my darker blog.  I'm pretty sure that not everybody will appreciate those... so didn't want to offend anyone.  And don't click if you are easily offended... they are not nice makes! well one isn't!

I have decided to do some journal pages and start a new book as well.

My 1st make is using Rainbow Unicorn.  And I have to say that before I saw the image I thought the challenge that Sandie was giving me was fair.... but after not so much... I mean how do you transform a unicorn into something dark?!?

This page was done using some Juneberry wine and Mauve Chalk tattered Angel sprays.  I wrote on this and did the rainbow using my crayola chalks.  I used my scallop and large circle from Spellbinder.  The sentiment is from Create with TLC

And the 2nd image was just as bad as the 1st one to transform... it's Jelly Baby... I mean come on you can't get much cuter than a unicorn and a baby....

For this one I used all scraps of papers that I cut to size to do a patchwork effect and reduce my scrap pile!  The sentiments are also from Create with TLC and I used some stickers and some washi tapes as well.
My last make for this nice layout is using the Twitchy witch.  That I have to say was an easier challenge for me... it's more challenging making her sweet lol

I have been using some books to wipe my paint brush on... and I have just gotten a new binding machine.  After seeing some magazine I had the inspiration to use the cover and some of the pages in the book to make my own unique little journal.  So here's the transformed cover.  I added a bunch of Ribbon.  The spray inks that I have used on this are made by myself after I watched this video on how to make super cheap alcool sprays!  It's a long video but worth it at least for me I learned a lot and all her other videos are really awesome as well.
So here's the little book cover.  Love love love how bubble gum pink this ink turned out to be!  It was perfect for this.  The sentiments again come from Create with TLC
And here's the closer look at the digi that I colored with my copics.
My daughter is still in shock that I used one of her favorite books to do this with... but this was a salvation army purchase... and I figured I'm recycling right?!?

I'm entering these makes in the following challenges:

  1. Crafting with an attitude - Freestyle fantasy - unicorn or witch :)
  2. Outlawz challenges - Anything goes
  3. Sassy studio designs - anything goes
  4. Everybody-art-challenge - Use a book page - I used the cover
That's it for me for now... but I'm coming back with more.  Hope you do come back and if your stomach is strong don't forget to go and check out the darker make.

Hugs

Comments

  1. FAb new book and you're sure rockin' the AJ pages. Very cute here but your dark ones really shine. LOL xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This baby page is so cute, Vicky! Super use of scraps and lots of bits and pieces, and I really like those sentiments too. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Crafting with an Attitude, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicky, I want to tell you that I really enjoyed your video, really interesting and great idea. I also watch a lot of video and have learned many things from them.
    Hugs Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation. Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all just fab Vicky! Thanks for joining in the Sassy Studio Designs challenge this time. Hope to see you again.

    hugs, Vannessa
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway