SOOOOOOO PROUD of me!

Ok so this is probably the only post of this kind because it's really rare that I'm super happy with my work but this time I'm totally over the moon with the results of my last day of crafting!!!!

I redid my journal cover so from the before to the after picture!!!!  I'm beyond happy!  I can't believe how well it turned out with just paper, cardboard and some toilet paper molded pieces (all the bolts,
nuts and screws).

Isn't that a HUGE difference?!?  I can't believe that I made it!!!

Here's the video tutorial that I followed in case you want to try this out... yeah... I'm not that clever to think of this myself lol

And here's a closer look at that cover all by itself.  I used a bunch of dies from Cheery Lynn dies I have quite a collection of the gears and steampunk stuff.  I did some texture using my crafter's companion stencils.  The paint that I use is decoart (2 super old bottles from my MIL's stash that I put water in to use they were that dry) and some Heidi swapp mist (gold and bronzer)
 and the back.  I did some holes in it and placed eyelets because I wanted to have some sort of closer to this book
Here's the view of the charm that I created  following another video that I found


It's not perfect... it's my 1st time doing this but I don't care I totally looooove it!

And here's how I finished the inside!


 Here's the picture of the work in progress :)
and that's not it!  I also made some shabby chic flower centers and put them on some of the flowers that I had made with the drape that I got at the thrift store.
So from this (and I still have ton of fabric)
 To this!  I still have more flowers to make so made 2 more centers :)  I have to go to the dollar store and get more pearl bracelets of this color to dismantle and use for the next ones!!!  I ran out of this warm color and I'm waiting for more beaded chain to make the other colors...
I'm entering my handmade altered journal cover in the following challenges:

  1. 613 Avenue Create - Anything goes with option didn't do option
  2. Altered eclectics - Something altered
  3. Rhedds creative spirit - Mixed media anything goes
  4. Ema-gination station - Anything goes
  5. Not just cards challenges - Anything goes
  6. Cut it up challenges - Misty - I had made something for the challenge already but changed my mind and wanted to use this instead!  So I deleted the other entry to respect the rules!
  7. That craft place blog - Shabby chic
  8. Corrosive challenges - Anything goes
  9. We love 2 create - Anything mixed media
  10. Simply papercrafts for all occassions - anything goes
  11. Simon says stamp blog - Stencil it - you can see the stencil that I used on the edge of the cover and back :)  there's more but it's discrete with all the paint and the textures!
That's it!!!!!  But wow soooooo happy with this make... I really feel like I gave it my ALL!  I'm learning lots (that's what happens when you can't do anything for very long.... you watch videos... lol)

That's it for me.  Hope you have liked this!  Can't wait to read the comments!

Comments

  1. Vicky, this is FABULOOOOUS!!! I'm so in love with it!! I will have to try to dress mine up too now. Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project. You have every right to be proud of this. We’re moving on Wednesday! I hope you’ve had a chance to visit the new blog and become a follower. If you haven’t had a chance yet, remember, it is a requirement to claim prizes at IDCB. If you have, thank you so much for your support and thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic project, and it looks like it was a lot of fun to make. Thank you for deleting your previous project from our challenge.

    And thanks for linking your new project to our Misty challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Vicky, so in love with the flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your book looks impressive. I have a mixed media notebook like yours but have not ventured into mixed media yet. Thanks for sharing your make and the videos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us at Not Just Cards Challenges and good luck!
    Monica - DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, amazing creation! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not surprised you're pleased with this work of art Vicky - it's gorgeous. What a lot of work has gone into it - it's stunning.
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG this is truly amazing Vicky, I love the texture and everything about it, you have every reason to be pleased with yourself.
    Love those flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic project Vicky, thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this post is full of great projects and inspiring ideas! Such a great journal cover! Can't go wrong with a Gabrielle Pollacco video; I'm a big fan of her videos, also. Your flowers are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your inspirations at Cut It Up!

    Katrina
    Scrappyhorses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is beautiful, hope you win. I wasn't into mixed media but I think now will try some and see what happens. thank you for the inspiration. Boot Scootin' Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a great job and I think I will try it. Thanks for sharing with the Cut It Up team, your project is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's fantastic Vicky .... what an awesome transformation :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous project!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Vicky, I too have seen that tutorial for that journal page and saved to my Pinterest so I can follow it too. You have done a really good journal cover following it. Thankyou for joining us at That Craft Place Ltd. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything is stunning here just love your altered cover and so you should be pleased with it Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spriit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
    DT The Mirror Crack'd
    DT Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! It looks fantastic! And the difference is huge! This cover looks so beautiful! Thank you very much for sharing this great project with us at 613 Avenue Create this week. Good luck!
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your creation. Thanks for joining The Corrosive Challenge. I wish you the best of luck!

    DebbieM

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Vicki - another gorgeous project. Love the video and all of the lovely details. Judy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway