I redid my journal cover so from the before to the after picture!!!! I'm beyond happy! I can't believe how well it turned out with just paper, cardboard and some toilet paper molded pieces (all the bolts,
nuts and screws).
Here's the video tutorial that I followed in case you want to try this out... yeah... I'm not that clever to think of this myself lol
And here's a closer look at that cover all by itself. I used a bunch of dies from Cheery Lynn dies I have quite a collection of the gears and steampunk stuff. I did some texture using my crafter's companion stencils. The paint that I use is decoart (2 super old bottles from my MIL's stash that I put water in to use they were that dry) and some Heidi swapp mist (gold and bronzer)
Here's the view of the charm that I created following another video that I found
It's not perfect... it's my 1st time doing this but I don't care I totally looooove it!
And here's how I finished the inside!
Here's the picture of the work in progress :)
So from this (and I still have ton of fabric)
- 613 Avenue Create - Anything goes with option didn't do option
- Altered eclectics - Something altered
- Rhedds creative spirit - Mixed media anything goes
- Ema-gination station - Anything goes
- Not just cards challenges - Anything goes
- Cut it up challenges - Misty - I had made something for the challenge already but changed my mind and wanted to use this instead! So I deleted the other entry to respect the rules!
- That craft place blog - Shabby chic
- Corrosive challenges - Anything goes
- We love 2 create - Anything mixed media
- Simply papercrafts for all occassions - anything goes
- Simon says stamp blog - Stencil it - you can see the stencil that I used on the edge of the cover and back :) there's more but it's discrete with all the paint and the textures!
That's it!!!!! But wow soooooo happy with this make... I really feel like I gave it my ALL! I'm learning lots (that's what happens when you can't do anything for very long.... you watch videos... lol)
That's it for me. Hope you have liked this! Can't wait to read the comments!