For my card I used the oooooh so cute Cocoa Christmas Fairy. I thought this was perfect for the theme :D And would allow me to have one more Christmas card done. I didn't go with the typical girly colors.
I kept this card pretty CAS. I just love that image so much that I didn't want to overpower it. I used paper from My mind's eye - Holly Jolly. I used my scallop and standard cicle dies from Spellbinder to cut the digi and the paper underneath it as well as for the sentiment.
I used some distress ink Forest Moss on the edge of the sentiment and the image. The ribbon comes from the dollar store. I was super excited to see crinkled ribbon there!!! Let me tell you that I grabbed quite a few lol :D I don't know if you are like me... but I get pretty big bills at dollar store lol but if you don't grab it while it's there you aren't sure that it will be again so better not take the chance at that price...
The image was colored with my copics. I added liquid pearl on the edge of the coat and hat to give the feeling of the fur. The little wings are done with stickles as are the berries on the holly.
I added a little festive sentiment from Create with tlc. It was perfect for this image!
I really hope you have liked my card and will be joining us this week at Dutch dare card challenges ! Don't forget that you can only enter 8 challenges including ours... it's so sad when I have to write this in the commenting...
I'm entering this card in the following challenge:
- Love to create challenge- show us your ribbon or twine (2nd entry)
- LEJ designs challenge blog - Winter wishes
- Flutter by wednesdays - Use your favorite colors (I have to admit loooooving Christmas so the red and green is a combo that I really love).
- Crafty cardmakers - Winged things
- Going-grey-with-scrap-creations - Pick 3 (Ribbon, Die Cut, Glitter)
- Ladybugs crafts ink - Christmas