Monday, May 6, 2013

Sympathy card number 1

Good evening everyone!  I had to create some more sympathy cards this past weekend... Two actually.  I really hate to make these.  My Father-in-law lost one of his brothers to cancer this weekend.  So this 1st card is for the wife of his brother.

Last time I had made one for my Step mom.  And I had printed a bunch of wonderful digis from Create with TLC that I thought would be perfect for this sad occasion.  I had also printed some extra sentiment just in case in French... didn't think I would run out so fast :(

For this card I used Easter Sunday vintage.  I decided to leave it in black and white.  And did a really CAS look.

I used some paper from my stash.  I embossed the background with a spellbinder embossing folder called Flora.  I added some bling on the corners and that's it.

Here's a closer look at the digi and the sentiment that I had made on word.  I wish now that I had saved the file :(
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

  1. Cas-ual fridays - Tic Tac Toe ( did square card, bling, text)
  2. Word art wednesday - anything goes
  3. Catered crop - Make an impression (use embossing)
So that's card number 1... one more to share with you.  Looking forward to seeing what you think of this?!? I think it turned out pretty good when you consider how I hate making those.  Getting to much practice!

Hugs

3 comments :

  1. Another beautiful card. Just lovely...joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black and white is striking. Sorry you're having to create all these sympathy cards. As you know, I had a run at it recently myself and it is no fun at all. Unfortunately, it is a reminder that I should be making some ahead of time because death around us is the one thing we can't escape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful image. And I love the embossing. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

pinterest