Sympathy card number 2

This 2nd sympathy card was for a colleague of mine who lost his mother-in-law.  It's always so sad to see love ones go even if they are much older!!!

So for this card I used another wonderful digi from Create with TLC called Daisies vintage digitized.  And I used the last of my premade sentiments! :(  I really hope that I don't  have to make more of these cards for awhile...

I saw a wonderful sketch from CAS Sunday that I thought would be perfect for this card.  I never know how to make them and sympathy cards seem to be better when CAS.


I used my CM corner punch to cut out the corners of the black.  I used my pebbles - jewel tones chalk to color a bit the image.  It gives the impression of the old black and white pictures that people used to color lightly.

Here's a closer look at the digi and the sentiment:
To make this I followed this awesome sketch so glad to have found it because I was lacking inspiration!


I'm entering the following challenges:

  1. CAS on Sunday - Sketch
  2. Word art wednesday - anything goes
  3. Cas-ual fridays - Tic Tac Toe ( did punch, text, black and white)
So that's it for me for tonight!  I'm really glad that my 2 cards are done... do you have trouble doing those type of cards?  I used to purchase them... but figured this is probably the best way to show that I share their pain... just really have trouble doing them...

I'll be back tomorrow with some more cards but more cheerful this time!!!  

Hugs

Comments

  1. so neat and sombre'
    http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky this is a wonderful CAS card as well as a sympathy card. I always love the black and white...I am finally out of the hospital but so tired...So I am just taking it easy for the time being...joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty! Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful and the perfect tone for a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky, I so agree with you that CAS make great Sympathy cards and this is no exception! Beautiful! So glad you joined us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful sympathy card, really beautiful!
    Thank you for joining our Challenge at CAS on Sunday!
    Mariken xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Thanks so much for joining us over at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway