Calendar Girl Blog hop

Welcome to our July Calendar Girls' Blog Hop. It’s absolutely amazing when you do a Google search the interesting facts you may find. Such a find is special and unique occasions throughout the year!!! These unique holidays are our inspiration. As Neil Sedaka sang in his song "Calendar Girls" - "July like a firecracker all aglow!"

Our hop begins today with the lovely and super talented Jearise at http://lorbysorld.blogspot.com. The entire line-up is available just in case you get bogged down with all the holidaze and craziness as you won't want to miss a single calendar event!!!! You should have arrived here from the fabulous Janet

The line-up for July includes:

Jearise - http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com
Laura - www.lauraleesdream.blogspot.com
Lynne ~ http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
Janet ~ http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/
Vicky ~ http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/
Sandy- http://scrapbookblessings.blogspot.com
Edwina- http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/
Christine - http://creativelivingwithchristine.blogspot.com
Anita Cannon -  http://www.anitaandbugs.com

Holidays, Special and Wacky Days for July are:
  • National Hot Dog Month: Jearise
  • National Ice Cream Month: Laura

July 2013 Daily Holidays, Special and Wacky Days Include:

1 Build A Scarecrow Day ~ Lynne
1 Canada Day ~ Laura
2 World UFO Day ~Anita Cannon
4 Independence Day ~Janet
7 Chocolate Day ~ Christine
7 National Strawberry Sundae Day ~Janet
8 Video Games Day ~  Vicky
9 National Sugar Cookie Day ~ Christine
10 Teddy Bear Picnic Day ~ Lynne, Christine
15 Cow Appreciation Day - Go out and give a cow a hug ~ Sandy
17 Yellow Pig Day ~ Sandy
19 National Raspberry Cake Day ~ 
20 Moon Day ~ Anita Cannon
21 National Ice Cream Day  ~ Edwina
23 National Hot Dog Day ~ Jearise
23 Vanilla Ice Cream Day ~ 
24 Amelia Earhart Day ~  Sandy
25 Threading the Needle Day ~ Lynne
26 Aunt and Uncle Day ~   Anita
28 Parent's Day ~Edwina
30 Father-in-Law Day ~ 
31 Mutt's Day ~ 

We are offering some fabulous blog candy to 3 lucky winners:

The Stamping Chef, http://thestampingchef.oo.gd/, is our wonderful sponsor for today's blog hop. She is offering 3 of her wonderful designs, winner's choice to one lucky blog hopper that responds on each of the Calendar Girls along with her facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/groups/TSCRecipes/, commenting that you hopped with the Calendar Girls.

Lynne will be going through her stash and sending one lucky winner a surprise package to someone that remarks and gives bloggie love on each of the participants.

Here's my creation.  I have lots of video game addicts in my family.  My brother also works in the video game industry... so this was just perfect for me.  I had purchased an image from Mo Manning back during the holidays... I think that's when she had the sale, anyway initially I wanted to use it for one of my son's b-day card... but then I did some other ones.  So this was my chance to finally do something with it!
Don't forget to press the read more  for the rest of the post

For this card I used some papers from Basic Grey - Oxford.  I did lots of layering and distressed all the papers with my Tim Holtz distresser.  I thought it was missing something when I finished.... and decided to use some of those little bingo chips ;)  it finished it up nicely!!!  It's the 1st time that I use them... my dad gave them to me but I seem to keep them... and just love the look of them.  So finally I have done something with them.  I have used my small and large squares from Spellbinder to make this.

Here's a closer look at the digi that I colored with my copics.  The sentiment that was just perfect for this is from Create with TLC and it's soooo true!  Everything is better in a video game... even if it's cleaning or whatever... if you have ever played the "Sims" you know what I'm talking about.




Your next stop along the way of the calendar is Sandy.  Thanks for stopping by and mark your calendar again next month to see what Holidays to Celebrate on August 10, 2013, for the next Calendar Girls Blog Hop!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

  1. Loves rubber stamps challenges - Use a hoarded item ( the bingo chips)
  2. Paper minutes - Anything goes
  3. Lexis creations - For a friend ( this is going to be a card for a friend of my boys!  It's so hard to make cards for teenage boys - at least I find...)
Hope you have a great Saturday!!!  I'm going to be enjoying my vacation ;o)  I have another post coming up so hope you will be back for it.

Hugs

Comments

  1. Brilliant !!! and that is very clever :-) Thanks for the Hop Vicky :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh !!! I can't seem to get to ANITA's Blog... it keeps coming up saying it doesn't exist :-( xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Vicky - Love the bingo chips - what a great idea! Perfect for this card!

    Just a quick question regarding your calendar hops: Are the winners chosen each month - or at the end of the year? I entered your June Calendar Hop and I've been wondering who won so I can cross it off my list. I notice the prizes this month are the same as last month, so that's why I ask how often a winner is chosen. Thanks for the blog hop and inspiration - and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's once a month and the winners are announced on Lynne's blog ;o) Hope that helps.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Vicky! I'll check over there while I'm doing the Blog Hop. I so enjoy your creations and your blog - it's one of my favourites! Hope you're enjoying your weekend! Great blog hop too!

      Delete
  4. Hello Vicky.
    It's a lovely card.
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  5. a fantastic and very cool card!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi (GD this week on lexi's creations challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card~! Love the coloring
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicky, I love this card. It is perfect for a boy. you did a great job with it. Love your coloring. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect boy card. This would work perfectly for my 13 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicky.. love this card... it is wonderful!!!
    Great hopping with you..
    Laura D.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, what an awesome card...Perfect card for the boys. Love it...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card for a teen Vicky! Thanks for sharing with us at Lexi's, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card!!!! The bingo chips are purrfect!!!! It is always truly a pleasure hopping with you my dear friend! Much love, hugs, and friendship,
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Vicky, Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations.
    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the bingo chips and the fabulous card design. This is so perfect for any gamer! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool card! This image would be perfect for my oldest son. Those bing chips are pretty cool and I can see why you would hoard them. Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway