Friday, July 19, 2013

Camping pansy...

It's Friday and this time not that happy about it... well it means that one week of our vacation is over.... why is it that the time goes a lot faster when we are on vacation than when we are at work?!?

Anyway, I'm here because as those of you that follow my blog know I really love progressive challenges. And there's one at Outlawz that I play with.  It's every 2 weeks so I have to post and create something while I'm here camping... that means that I have some limited options because I don't have as much material to play with.  I was really lucky because this time around there was a great corner image.  So I decided to integrate it with my camping journal.  Hope that's ok!

I do scrapbook... I haven't played in mine for a little while but the latest one that I was doing was our memories of Camping.  And since I'm slow at making it... last year I figured that I really should be taking more notes because it's hard a few years later to remember what happened that year.  So last year we made a camping journal.  It's fun, everybody writes a little note about their day every day.  And this way we also see the progression of the writing of the kids ;o)  So liking this idea I started out another one this year.

And I have been integrating some images that I have been coloring.  But can't share them to you yet.  They will be part of some of my DT work!  I can share one page however which is the one with the great pansy corner.
So that's the look of the 2 page layout journal.  I also add some stickers and other stuff as embellishments. And with the other picture you will be seeing a closer version of my 2 youngest's writing ;o)
So that's my way of building memories.  Of course the boys complain a bit about having to write in it... but I figure at a much later date they will have fun reading this.  Even their dad writes in it lol

I'm entering this in the following challenges:

  1. Outlawz challenges - Freebie progressive challenge
  2. Sparkle n sprinkle creative challenges - Anything but a card
  3. Simply create too - anything but a card

Have a great Friday everyone!!!! No shopping for me today!  I'm taking it easy with some coloring, reading, blogging. ;o)

Hugs

8 comments :

  1. That's a wonderful idea Vicky :-D
    I do hope you are enjoying your camping and the weather stays good for you.

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and something to look back on when your boys are grown and have kids of their own (trust me it happens in a blink of an eye)!! Then you really do wonder where time has gone!!!hugs mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Vicky and thank you again - love everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicky, Super idea.... a journal. This looks great. Hope you've had fun camping. Thanks for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenges this month. Hugs,
    Barbara SNSCC coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky: Your entry for our Challenge #42 - "Anything But a Card" is so pretty--your camping journal is a great way to get the whole family involved in crafting--and, oh, what wonderful memories!

    We hope to see your beautiful work in our upcoming challenges at Simply Create Too.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your journal - what a lovely idea! Thank you for joining us at our 'Anything but a card' challenge at Simply Create Too!
    Claire xx
    SCT DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea Vicky and you're right, they might complain now but one year they'll be happy to have something to look back on. And, just think what a legacy it will be for the grandkids to come--not that I'm rushing them or anything--grandkids should still be at least a decade and a half away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful journal page! I know you enjoy looking at these camping journals when your trip is over. Thanks for joining the SNS challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

pinterest