Camping pansy...

It's Friday and this time not that happy about it... well it means that one week of our vacation is over.... why is it that the time goes a lot faster when we are on vacation than when we are at work?!?

Anyway, I'm here because as those of you that follow my blog know I really love progressive challenges. And there's one at Outlawz that I play with.  It's every 2 weeks so I have to post and create something while I'm here camping... that means that I have some limited options because I don't have as much material to play with.  I was really lucky because this time around there was a great corner image.  So I decided to integrate it with my camping journal.  Hope that's ok!

I do scrapbook... I haven't played in mine for a little while but the latest one that I was doing was our memories of Camping.  And since I'm slow at making it... last year I figured that I really should be taking more notes because it's hard a few years later to remember what happened that year.  So last year we made a camping journal.  It's fun, everybody writes a little note about their day every day.  And this way we also see the progression of the writing of the kids ;o)  So liking this idea I started out another one this year.

And I have been integrating some images that I have been coloring.  But can't share them to you yet.  They will be part of some of my DT work!  I can share one page however which is the one with the great pansy corner.
So that's the look of the 2 page layout journal.  I also add some stickers and other stuff as embellishments. And with the other picture you will be seeing a closer version of my 2 youngest's writing ;o)
So that's my way of building memories.  Of course the boys complain a bit about having to write in it... but I figure at a much later date they will have fun reading this.  Even their dad writes in it lol

I'm entering this in the following challenges:

  1. Outlawz challenges - Freebie progressive challenge
  2. Sparkle n sprinkle creative challenges - Anything but a card
  3. Simply create too - anything but a card

Have a great Friday everyone!!!! No shopping for me today!  I'm taking it easy with some coloring, reading, blogging. ;o)

Hugs

Comments

  1. That's a wonderful idea Vicky :-D
    I do hope you are enjoying your camping and the weather stays good for you.

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and something to look back on when your boys are grown and have kids of their own (trust me it happens in a blink of an eye)!! Then you really do wonder where time has gone!!!hugs mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Vicky and thank you again - love everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicky, Super idea.... a journal. This looks great. Hope you've had fun camping. Thanks for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenges this month. Hugs,
    Barbara SNSCC coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky: Your entry for our Challenge #42 - "Anything But a Card" is so pretty--your camping journal is a great way to get the whole family involved in crafting--and, oh, what wonderful memories!

    We hope to see your beautiful work in our upcoming challenges at Simply Create Too.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your journal - what a lovely idea! Thank you for joining us at our 'Anything but a card' challenge at Simply Create Too!
    Claire xx
    SCT DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea Vicky and you're right, they might complain now but one year they'll be happy to have something to look back on. And, just think what a legacy it will be for the grandkids to come--not that I'm rushing them or anything--grandkids should still be at least a decade and a half away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful journal page! I know you enjoy looking at these camping journals when your trip is over. Thanks for joining the SNS challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway