Little hello from Camping!

Hello everyone!!!  No schedule post this morning!!!!  So I will be sharing a card that I made "just" before leaving ;o)  I am totally addicted to progressive challenges... and didn't want to miss out on this one because I was away.

I have also put at the bottom of the posts some pictures of my camping set up!  For those of you that were wondering, it's pretty luxurious for camping lol so you will see that I'm not roughing it at all!!!!  You will have to click the read more to see it.  While we are here my Step-mom and my dad are doing a vacation at my house ;o)  They are really enjoying the pool.  And I'm enjoying knowing that my dogs and cats are really being spoiled.

So for now the 1st thing my card.  Here's the link to the progressive challenge if you want to see the great image that you could have gotten as a freebie if you participated in the last!!!

The image is called Painting lady bug.  And I think she's totally adorable!!!!

(don't forget to press the read more if you want to see the camping pictures!!!)
For my card I layered lots of paper.  I went with some soft and fresh colors.  The paper is from MME- Lime Twist.  I put a bunch of butterfly stickers from my stash.  I have used my large squares from Spellbinder to cut the image.

Here's a closer look at the digi that I colored with my copics.  I did the sky with my Pebbles chalk.  Love the pale blue, really finishes it up.  I have used a sentiment that came with an image from another progressive challenge over at Imagine that.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. Designed 2 delight - Progressive challenge
  2. C is for challenge - Summer
  3. Cutie pie challenge - cute and cuddly 
  4. Digi sketch challenge - sketch and/or lots of layers (I did the lots of layers)
  5. Incy wincy designs - Things with wings (I have lots here)
  6. Lexis creations - for a friend - my 2nd entry
Ok now for my camping pictures ;o)  

Here's a picture of our overall site.  With my hubby taking his 1st coffee.  The mesh tent behind him is the play/draw area.  This way it's free to use and we don't have to say to the kids to pack their stuff to prepare meals.
 This is the tent where the 4 kids sleep
 The tent trailer where my hubby and I sleep.  We now have 4 coolers and 3 fridges!!!  So we can have a bit of food and not have to go to the store every 2 seconds... with 6 people we really go through lots of stuff lol
 Our set up in the food tent.  You can see the new fridge with freezer that I got yesterday!!!  We will be able to have some ice cream which will be fun since it's sooooo hot this week (not complaining about the heat though...)
 Here's the cabinet where we store the dry food, squirrels try to get in but it's in metal... so they can't chew through it like the plastic bins that we had before....
 My side of the trailer with my computer, new printer and you can see some of my crafting stuff including a cute little craftman tote that I purchased for a steal here!!!!  So happy I had seen a DT colleague post one... and I found this one at Kmart!
 Here's my hubby's side of the trailer.


So you can see that we are not roughing it AT ALL!!!! ;o)  That's my type of camping.

Hope you all have a fabulous Tuesday!  I'll try to share with you some of the pictures from the lake next time.

Big hello to my new followers!!!!  I'm gettting closer to the 400!!!!  And I have purchased a little stand (like I use for my cards) to giveaway when I reach the 400!!!!

Hugs

Comments

  1. Fab pictures, thanks for sharing. Have a great time making wonderful memories. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Family love camp. This was our first trailer, till one night rain so hard, we wake up with rain dropping on our faces. lol. We went home and trade in Trailer for the bigger one. lol
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the sweet bug, who is painting the flowers so lovely! what a sweet image!

    a marvellous and awesome card!


    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi (GD this week on lexi's creations challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card, super cute! and camping!!! Loved camping.... then we got s caravan... but now we haven't! Great Fun!

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures. Have fun camping. As for you card, it is adorable. I am a big fan f butterflies. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful way to camp, Vicky. Love the "luxury" of the two bedrooms, kitchen and work space. :-D Great card. Reminds me that I need to get mine done and posted. Hugs and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Vicky, now have really got me into camping mode. You are doing it in style dol!!! Even with your own dining room and all. You must have a wonderful time recharging those batteries. Your card is so delightful. Loving the butterflies.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is adorable and just right for our cute and cuddly challenge!

    thank you for joining in with the cutie pies xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that looks pretty cool :-) Luxury camping :-D !!!
    Gorgeous card Vicky - so cute and very colourful :-)
    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fresh and pretty card, like it a lot, :). Thank you for sharing it in Digi Sketch Challenge, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, love the fun image.
    Thank you for joining the Cutie Pies Cute & Cuddly challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, this card is really cheerful, love this image. Fabulous summer card. I would like to thank you for entering my 'C... is for challenge' blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is adorable! I really enjoyed looking at your camping pics - thanks for sharing. Looks like you and your family are having a wonderful vacation - enjoy!

    KT Fit Kitty
    http://ktdesigns2013.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card Vicky!

    And love, love, love your camping set up! As a kid we had a big 3 bedroom frame tent with a lounge are twice the size of all the bedrooms. It was great.

    Now I've got a dome tent with 2 beds ...but I'm too cowardly to take my lad camping on my own so it'll have to wait to be used. But I've already got the inflatable armchair and electrical hook up stuff so I can use my lappy in comfort. And a little fridge, etc. I'll be glamping as opposed to camping.

    Glad you're all having such a fab time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card Vicky. Thank you for sharing the camping pictures

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute card and great pics tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card! It is so bright and cheerful. We used to camp like that when we were younger. Then we got our boat, now we go boating instead. Have a great time!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card Vicky...So bright and cheerful..Great way to camp out...lol Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  19. Before I forget, I better comment on the card! You've done a fabulous job this month with the pc image. Love all the bright colours and the addition of the butterflies. I'm actually going to cheat and try and use it on a caring themed card and use it as an inspiration reminder next week for PoP. Better get my little fingers moving. Next, I'm so glad you've got someone staying at the house, that is the last thing you'd need to be worrying about while away. Finally, love the camp pics, TFS. Coolio set up, love the dry food storage area. Obviously comes from learning the hard way. I hope that you guys continue to make some awesome memories!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a bright cheery card,the colours are so fresh.Very pretty and the image is sweet.Thanks for joining us at Digi Sketch Challenge.Hope to see you again next time :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is absolutely darling !

    Thanks for joining our "Freebie of the Month" Challenge @ Delightful Inspirations {from the heart}.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway