So you can imagine that I really wanted to pull out all the stops and create the best card possible for this occasion!!!
He was born in England, lived in Texas and studied in France. So I wanted to include all those elements in this card. The colors of the States, England and France are all Blue, Red and White so this was perfect as my base. He also adores the British Royalty so the inside was just perfect for this!
The sentiment was chosen by my SIL because they watched the TV show "Absolute Fabulous" I had no idea what that was.... but she sent me a youtube link. You can see it at the bottom of my post.
I paired a few images to make this card. I used the Texas state stamp from Doodle Pantry (it's a great freebie and comes with a sentiment, I had to cut it out but it's totally awesome), the cake is from Delicious Doodles and the little guy is from Squiggle stamps it was part of a freebie set. I used a digi from Create with TLC on the inside and the DP is a digital paper that comes from Pixel Scrapper.
I added some stars from my stash. I used my Label 1, label 21 and Label 28 dies from Spellbinder.
Here's a closer look at the digi stamps used. I colored my stamps with my copics, I added some Liquid appliqué to the cake to make the frosting. The Texas state digi from Doodle Pantry was pre-colored.
Create with TLC. I also added a picture of Veuve Clicquot champagne that he really likes.
The TV show from where the sentiment for the inside and the top got it's inspiration:
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
- Doodle pantry blog - Use a doodle pantry image
- Crafty sentiments - Red, white and blue
- Clear it out challenge - Make someone's day (that was pretty much what I'm hoping to do) and the stash item are the little stars as well as using my stamps that I never use anymore...
- Ladybugs crafts ink challenge blog - Birthdays
- Our daily bread designs blog - Patriotic or Red, White and blue
- Shopping our stash - Red white and blue or your flag color (did a lot of red and white cards this week for my Canadian flag. Now it's the red white and blue) - used all material from my stash including the squiggle digi from last year that I hadn't had the chance to use then.
- The stamping chef - Red white and blue
I hope you have a fabulous Wednesday everyone! I should be back later with my WOYWW. If I remember lol
I’m doing a giveaway to celebrate my 350 followers! If you are a follower You can enter at this post and if you’re not now is a great time to become one…