Special birthday card

Hello everyone!  I'm here to share with you a special card that I made for my SIL to give to her cousin.  It's very special because he will be celebrating his 50th b-day.  It's also special because he is dying from cancer.  And this will most probably be his last b-day.
So you can imagine that I really wanted to pull out all the stops and create the best card possible for this occasion!!!
He was born in England, lived in Texas and studied in France.  So I wanted to include all those elements in this card.  The colors of the States, England and France are all Blue, Red and White so this was perfect as my base.  He also adores the British Royalty so the inside was just perfect for this!
The sentiment was chosen by my SIL because they watched the TV show "Absolute Fabulous" I had no idea what that was.... but she sent me a youtube link.  You can see it at the bottom of my post.

I paired a few images to make this card.  I used the Texas state stamp from Doodle Pantry (it's a great freebie and comes with a sentiment, I had to cut it out but it's totally awesome), the cake is from Delicious Doodles and the little guy is from Squiggle stamps it was part of a freebie set.  I used a digi from Create with TLC on the inside and the DP is a digital paper that comes from Pixel Scrapper.

It's bigger than the norm... it measures 8 inches and is 6 inches wide.
I added some stars from my stash.  I used my Label 1, label 21 and Label 28 dies from Spellbinder.

Here's a closer look at the digi stamps used.  I colored my stamps with my copics, I added some Liquid appliqué to the cake to make the frosting.  The Texas state digi from Doodle Pantry was pre-colored. 
Here's a look at the inside.
The great image from Create with TLC.  I also added a picture of Veuve Clicquot champagne that he really likes.
And on the back I added some stamps from Declassified Art Rubber stamps.
The TV show from where the sentiment for the inside and the top got it's inspiration:
I have shown the pictures to my SIL and she loved it.  I'm so very glad... it was not an easy card to make... and I so wanted to make sure to create something that he would like.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. Doodle pantry blog - Use a doodle pantry image
  2. Crafty sentiments - Red, white and blue
  3. Clear it out challenge - Make someone's day (that was pretty much what I'm hoping to do) and the stash item are the little stars as well as using my stamps that I never use anymore...
  4. Ladybugs crafts ink challenge blog - Birthdays
  5. Our daily bread designs blog - Patriotic or Red, White and blue
  6. Shopping our stash - Red white and blue or your flag color (did a lot of red and white cards this week for my Canadian flag.  Now it's the red white and blue) - used all material from my stash including the squiggle digi from last year that I hadn't had the chance to use then.
  7. The stamping chef - Red white and blue
I hope you have a fabulous Wednesday everyone!  I should be back later with my WOYWW.  If I remember lol

I’m doing a giveaway to celebrate my 350 followers! If you are a follower You can enter at this post and if you’re not now is a great time to become one… 


Hugs

Comments

  1. What a wonderfully customized card, Vicky! Love all the details which I am sure your SIL's cousin will appreciate - and the inside is just as lovely! thank you for your recent visit to my blog - and all your enjoyable, and kind comments. I have become your 380th google follower! You have surpassed your goal, Vicky! Congratulations, and looking forward to seeing more of your inspirational masterpieces in the future! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card.....I can tell you put a lot of love into it. He will love it.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT card . . . so customized with all the little details!!! Your SIL's cousin is going to LOVE it!!! Thanks so much for joining us at CIO . . . hope you stop back in the future to join us again.

    Kathy
    UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous card.
    My thoughts are with your SIL and her Cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Fabulous!! What a bittersweet card to make but you have personalised it beautifully and I am sure it will be much appreciated and cherished! Ab Fab is one of my favourite programs - love the Olympic Special they did where they were in the Olympic Stadium and Patsy used the Olympic Torch to light her cigarette!! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Sentiments for our Red White and Blue Challenge - good luck! Hope to see you for our next challenge, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us @ CIOT..What a great card... hope you play with us again LYNN B. <((><

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicky this is wonderful, I know how that is.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful that you were able to get all this into one card. You are such a thoughtful and nice person...I love the card, you did a wonderful job...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you incorporated all these places to really personalize this card. Thanks so much for visiting us at the Doodle Pantry Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too fun and cute!! What a beautiful red, white and blue and patriotic card!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vicky... what a great card...He will love this card...
    Thanks for joining us at the red white and blue challenge at the Stamping Chef..
    Laura Sous Chef

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card Vicky!!! He will love this card.
    Thank you for joining us at the Red, Blue and White challenge at The Stamping Chef.
    Jennyfer Sous Chef

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job combining all the elements you needed for your special card! I'm sure he'll enjoy it. Thanks so much for joining the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 36!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very special card indeed Vicky and as you say a difficult one to make !! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's really fantastic, Vicky! Great job touching so many aspects of his life all on one card. Thanks for submitting it at Doodle Pantry this month, too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - you pulled out the stops on this on e - love all the images you used makes it special. Thanks for joining us at DPDC this month.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous job in combining so many elements into one card. You SIL's cousin will know a lot of thoughtful love went into the making.Thanks for joining us at the DPDC#36!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How sad - but such a wonderful card to celebrate his life.......
    Thank you so much for joining us at Ladybugcraftsink xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is lovely...Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty sentiments, and good luck.

    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. cool card - inside and out!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous Card!! Thank you for joining us at Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 36
    Hope to see you next month.
    Hugs Lorianna DPDT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway