WOW ohhhh WOW - House Mouse in the house

Today was the best last day EVER to our camping trip.  I got to meet the fabulous folks behind House Mouse designs.  I had e-mailed them because I was staying in Vermont and the cute little craft store that was selling their stamps was closed!!!  So very sad right?!?  Especially since the only store in MontrĂ©al that I've seen with their stamp is also closing...

So discovering their website I did something that I never ever do I wrote them!  I'm usually way to shy to dare do something like that.  But I soooo love their stamps... so I wanted to know where I could find them.  Since they are based from Vermont really close to where I was staying, I thought there might be some other local store.  Barry one of the owner's answered me (so fast actually I was super happy) and gave me some addresses and then to my complete surprise gave me the option of going to his house where they had some stamps  that I could browse through!!!!!!  Ohhhhh you should have seen me... I was like a groupie... I figured I must sound like one of those crazy fans that rock bands have!!!!

And then to really complete the fabulous trip over, Ellen the artist came to see us!!!!!  She even signed some of my stamps and took the time for a picture with us.


From left to right Megan (my daughter, myself, Ellen and finally William in the front).  William and Megan were super excited to be there and get some tips on how to draw (they looooove to draw as well).  My 2 other boys were packing stuff up while we were there enjoying ourselves.  You can see by my smile how happy I was!!!!!  They were all so very nice.  Barry made a huge impression on my son who thought he really was the coolest since he offered him soda and some candy lol.  I'm still in shock that I got to meet them.  It really was a dream come true!!!!!

Thank you so very much Barry, Nicole and Ellen for being such totally amazingly sweet people.  And Ellen please continue to draw those fabulous Mouses and friends.  I have a collection going and don't want to stop.

Hope all you my fabulous following friends had a great day as well.  But I bet you can't beat this! ;o)

Hugs

Comments

  1. Oh Vicky how awesome!! so happy you got to meet them, what stamps did you get?

    Hugs Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulously exciting for you and the family Vicky! I'm thrilled you got to meet such a talented lady and it's so lovely that they invited you to theirs and made you feel so welcome x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely terrific day!! I am happy for your fortunate opportunity!! What a wonderful memory!
    Big blog hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. shut the front door! this is like one of the coolest things EVER!!!! that's so much better than a craft store (can't believe I actually typed that....grins!) what a memory you will always treasure!

    I remember one time the little House Mouse stopped by my blog and I feel like a Queen for a Day! but you are true craft royalty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a wonderful time. The sad thing is that so many local stores are closing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG !!! - How totally cool is that ?!!!! What an amazing experience for you and how great of them to come see you and invite you round :-D
    Well done you..... see - a bit more confidence always works well and as the saying goes ... "If you don't ask, you don't get" :-)

    Do I take it from the 'packing up' comment that you are on your way home soon then ????

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are back at home now. And you are so right confidence is important... but I'm usually really shy and I don't know what came over me that I actually wrote them... just super glad I did ;o)

      Delete
  7. Oh wow Vicky, this is HUUUUGE!!!! What an honour, now you can also say you know someone famous. I am also a huge fan of the little House Mouse family and own a handful of them which I have won via challenges. They have been posted from England and America to me and I was totally surprised that they reached South Africa. This photo definitely needs to be beautifully framed and has to adorn a specials pot in your craft studio. Safe travels home.
    Hugs
    DesĂ­re
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fabulous, Vicky. I adore House Mouse too and have my Daily Squeek delivered every day into my mail box.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fabulous, Vicky. I adore House Mouse too and have my Daily Squeek delivered every day into my mail box.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! How exciting is that? I absolutely love House Mouse and their little friends. That's why I was so pleased to be picked for Joanna Sheen's DT. Don't know if you're aware of it Vicky, but Joanna does House Mouse stamps...not wood backed ones AND House Mouse CDs!!!!! The triple one contains some digis as well. They're all fabulous. AND when you spend over £9 (and you could easily spend a bomb on there!) it's FREE WORLDWIDE p&p...and they are seriously fast at shipping...usually shipped before you've even decided what you want! Lol. Here's the link for you to have a mooch around.

    http://www.joannasheen.com/craft-supplies/housemouse-designs/

    I've got all her Happy Hopper stamps and masses of the House Mouse ones...and all the CDs. Love, love, love them all...and so does Jamie.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I got the new cd there ;o) Plus a bunch of stamps wood mounted and some of the brand new cling mount. They also have a web site where they sell.

      Delete
  11. What a wonderful experience!

    KT Fit Kitty
    http://ktdesigns2013.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so cool Vicky! So glad you got to have such a great unexpected experience!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a treat, Vicky! Love House Mouse too.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway