Thinking of you

Hello folks I'm here again this time to share with you a card I made a few weeks ago and didn't have time to blog.  My SIL wanted a card for her cousin who is going to be spreading the ashes of his spouse (who died this year from cancer) in December.  She can't be there with him so she really wanted to send him a special card.  So it needed to be a simple yet elegant card and masculine.  She also mentioned that since it was in December it should be cool colors.

So this is what I did using the great digi Tree on Hill from Gingerloft

I played with the image in word and put the sentiment from Create with TLC just below the image.  I left it untouched.  I thought it was more moving this way.  I just layered a bunch of papers from Little yellow bicycle and rounded the edge with my crop-a-dile corner punch.

Here's a closer look at the digi and sentiment.
So what do you think?  Did I succeed in making a good card for this sad occasion?

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

  1. Crafty cardmakers - CAS
  2. Created with love challenges - Sympathy or miss you
  3. Incy wincy designs - for the men in your life - well it's for a man in my SIL life... so hopefully that's good
  4. Craft a scene - trees, trees, trees
  5. Wordart wednesday - Anything goes
That's it for me for tonight!!!  I'm off to go to bed.  Have a great night and see you tomorrow with some new posts.

Hugs

Comments

  1. beautiful tree!!
    thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you've certainly made a card that I would be happy to give to a male in such a situation. I love the tree digi and it make a great scene. Thanks for joining us at Craft A Scene this month.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lovely masculine card to deliver a loving thought Vickie. Your SIL will be thankful. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation with us this week. You did a great job with the tree digi. Hope to see another card really soon ( up to five).
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card. Love the image. Thanks for joining our Missing You/Symapathy Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant card. I love the sentiment and image merged together.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Vicky and absolutely perfect for the intended recipient.

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and Elegant, thanks for sharing with us at CCM. Jules :) DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic image perfect for this challenge! Thanks for joining Created with Love Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vickie this is beautiful. Love the digi and the sentiment. It is perfect together. Thanks for joining in the fun at Created with love challenges this week.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely digi stamp and a good card for a man. Thanks for linking up at Crafty Cardmakers and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway