So here are the before and the after painting of the furniture piece. You can see that it wasn't really much of a reflection of me the before....
That distressing was a new technique for me... I wanted a crackled finish and used some glue to make it. What I didn't realize at the time is that when the piece is standing up it makes a huge puddle of goo at the end.... so the front drawers came out better than the side....
For the nice side I used the great and super elegant February Violet. I made her with some vibrant colors because I wanted her to be very ALIVE. The letters that I used are from EK stickers.
I wanted something that would remind people of the February Violet which is on the nice side so I used Zombie Hat lady for the other side I made her with similar colors but in a more faded tone since she's very much DEAD.
After doing this I realized that I should have put the time higher up.... but it was already done oh well lesson learned.
Zombie face on the middle drawer but after sharing the pictures with Rick he came out with a fab new design for me!!!! YAY I'm sure that it will be in the store if you ask :) And it's called Time Flies. It was the perfect digi for the in between.
Here's the initial version for the front. I thought it looked pretty awesome as well I had changed the knobs with some that I found at the dollar store. I also put some little metal embellishments that I covered with silver because they were initially bronze.
I'm entering this little altered piece furniture in the following challenges:
- Left of center challenges - And I'm going LOC
- Dream in darkness - Anything goes dark
- Doodleartifacts - Recycle, repurpose, reinvent
- Sandee-and-amelie - The ravages of time
- Rhedd screative spirit - Mixed media
- Altered eclectics - Mixed media
That's it for me for today! Hope you have like this new make for me! Glad I can now use it to store things lol