Oddball August FB challenge reminder!

Hello everyone!  It's time for my reminder to you that the challenge over at FB for Oddball is always Anything goes with an oddball image and let's be honest they are sooooo fab why wouldn't you want to use one?!?

For this reminder I did some recycling!  YUP yup yup I'm all into recycling stuff recently!  Now if only I could use up my scrap papers more in the process.... hmmmm one step at a time I guess?

Anyway I had purchased a set of calligraphy pen that came with a little booklet of empty pages to use to practice the calligraphy hand writing.  I really don't want to practice in this way.... I much prefer to practice by doing direct journaling.  I know, I know I should be practicing and it would look a lot better.... but I HATE practicing anything.... I want to play.

I didn't want to throw away all that fab paper.... so I made a little sketch book for my daughter!  WAY!  and practice (yeah... well while playing) to use my cinch.  The cardstock that I used to make the covers are from cereal box that I just covered with some papers that I got with a magazine!  So more recycling!!!!

Here's my little book using the super cute image 160.
As you can see the little book was not perfect.... but it's a practice.  And I did something new for the closure using a circle punch and some eyelets.  I also added a little charm strand that I made with some recycled beads!  Yup I'm very much into recycling.  Even the wire was the left over from another project. And see I even used my calligraphy pens to make the title bwahahahah.  The image was colored with my copics and then fussy cut out.

My daughter was happy with it and that's all that counts!  And I did some recycling as well!  Woop woop

I'm entering this little book in the following challenges:

  1. Rhedds creative spirit - mixed media
  2. Inspiration destination challenge blog - Anything goes
  3. Inky chicks - Use some metal embellishments
  4. Sweet stamps blog - Anything goes
  5. Craft your passion challenges - anything goes
That's it for me!  Hope you have a great Friday.

Hugs

Comments

  1. Gorgeous and beautiful Vicky thank you for joining us over on Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog this week
    Dianne xx :)
    IDCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous book - I love albums, bit addicted myself at the moment - beautiful hun Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
    DT The Mirror Crack'd
    DT Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recycling...bet your daughter adore this little book...
    Thank you for playing along in our challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Challenge...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fellow cereal box saver! I never throw boxes out LOL Awesome journal! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! ~Nanette, DT~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

400 followers giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10