Retro TV

For my Digi Darla hop post please go here.

So I have good news!!!!  I was able to get exempt from the jury duty!  Thank god because there are 2 coming up... and from what the judge mentioned they will last around 1 to 1 1/2 years!  That's 5 days a week...for a year 1/2.  Plus obviously at the end it will take the jury some time to review the evidence.  That would not have been good... So I used the fact that I have 4 kids!  The judge exempted me.  For once having those kids paid up lol.  Seriously it would not have been a good thing family wise.  Being out of work for so long...

I was totally exhausted after this.  What a rollercoaster of emotions.  I would make one lousy criminal because I was a nervous basket case to talk to the judge and the lawyers to tell them that I was not a good choice.

To relax tonight I made 2 cards.  I'm going to show you the 1st one.
I used Retro TV from Birdie Brown as well as the sentiment Staytuned.  I used my copics to color it up and a CM silver pen for the nobs, then I used glaze all over the front to give it the glossy look like a real tube tv.  I used Rocket age 8x8 from October afternoon paper.  I thought it was the perfect retro feel for this.  I had some left over from my card from little summer boy so used the same star paper and used the ms border punch to make the stars.  I used Robin's Nest dew drops in silver in the corner.

Here's a closer look of the card:
 
You can see that I pop up the tv and the sentiment.

I was soooo happy with my creation... then I put it in the plastic cover bag... and the glaze was not as dried as I thought it was.  So had to scrap the tv and the sign... you will see the background again in some other card :(  Like my daughter said, "at least mom you had taken the pictures"... she's right but it really still sucks.

I followed this sketch:
F-Sketchy 14

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. feeling-sketchy - sketch
  2. Lawnscaping - use dimension
  3. Birdiebrown - the digi image
So that's this creation.  I will be back with the next one ;)  Don't  forget to leave a comment, I love to read it.

Vicky
xo


Comments

  1. Awesome Card, I love the retro smiling TV with his bow-tie and the advertisement background paper, it all goes together perfectly!

    Thanks so much for joining in at Feeling Sketchy this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! I'm so sorry that the tv didn't make it :( thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! I totally agree that the paper you used is the perfect match for the image.
    Thank you so much for playing with my digi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! The tv and paper all go fabulously together! It's a shame the glossy accents weren't dry though.... *hugs*
    Thanks so much for playing at Feeling Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha! so cute! love the patterned paper you chose for the background. Thank you for playing with us at Lawnscaping

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicky, this is a great card. I love the background, very cool. Thanks for joining in with us at Feeling Sketchy. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow i love the retro theme! TV and saying were a perfect match, shame they didn't make it. Great take on the sketch, thanks for playing with us at feeling-sketchy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun card!!!!! Yipes...sounds like you were lucky to get an exemption from Jury Duty...I can't imagine being on one for that long!

    Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card.Love the way you coloured it and great take on the sketch too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute Vicky congrats on your win...joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vicky, such a unique theme you got there on your card. Love the coloring. Keep it up! The background is really great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway