Prince Tribute - Karleigh Sue

While I was in Greece the world lost a great artist.  And at the time I wasn't able to express how sad I was with this loss.

Prince meant so much to me.  My teenage years were marked with his singing and of course my dancing... not that I danced all that well but I thought so at the time.

Anyway when I saw this fabulous digi from Karleigh Sue I knew that I totally HAD to play with it for this tribute.

I wanted to have some of the words of one of his song as the sentiment on this... but at the same time the album Purple Rain with that song was just my 1st thought... but the song didn't fit however "When doves cry".


I colored the image with my copics.  The background was made with some deli paper that I painted purple then I did some dendritic print on it with white paint and tore those out.  I added some ribbon as well as a spellbinder diecut.  I used some prima chalk paint on the side.

I'm entering this layout in the following challenges:

  1. Brown sugar challenge - anything goes
  2. Crafting-with-friends - Anything goes
  3. Crafty catz weekly challenge - Anything goes
  4. Simply papercrafts for all occassions - anything goes
  5. Crafty-girls-creations - Anything goes
That's it for this post today!  I intent to enjoy our fabulous upcoming long weekend!!!

Hugs


Comments

  1. What a fabulous tribute! I loved this song as well.

    Thanks for joining in at Simply Papercraft

    Sharon (Glittertastic)
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is FABULOUSO!!! Ok I'm wondering if you could create another for sale? I'm a nurse and although I do have skills I just not able to find the time with being a single parent (yes, 3; that would be me!). I would love a copy and I have dark hair too so there is no need to change a thing! Please let me know. Appreciate your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cheryl, what a nice comment! I'm not sure what you would want from me :) But you can e-mail me here vfmpp@sympatico.ca to tell me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway