Oddball NEW RELEASE part 2

I hope you saw the post part one on my blog (you can see it here). The new release from Oddball art is just FABULOUS.  I'm doing a 2 part blog post!  For this 2nd part I'm using Image 308!!! I just adore owls and so I couldn't resist playing with those!  You will want to check out the FB group for all the wonderful makes that the DT team have done.  They will inspire you for SURE.

For this I made a card for my journaling out of the box.  It's using a cereal box cardboard.  This one had been used as a wipe out for the left over paints that I had while making other projects.  I also have a part of stencil showing through.

Since I wanted the rest of the paint that was already on this to show through I used silk paint on top.  It's transluscent but does cover the parts that were white.  I added a little yellow mesh, some cork decorations stickers (found at the dollar store).  I fussy cut the owl which were colored using my new peerless watercolor, cosmic shimmer watercolor and finally some distress pens.  I haven't used those in a while so it was fun.  I finished them off with some googly eyes :)

The sentiment was something that I found on google and wrote on a word document using some fun font that I had.  I used my prima chalk rusty bucket ink to edge the sentiement.  I edge the card with my sharpie in brown and used the black sharpie to highlight the embellishments.

I'm entering this in the following challenges:

  1. Left of center challenges - theme is witch but I'm entering this as LOC
  2. Open-minded crafting fun - favorite technique - I just ADORE doing mixed media it's really freeing and having a page that is started that you finish this way is so much fun!  Hope you like it too!
  3. A bit more time to craft - Anything goes
  4. 613 Avenue Create - Anything goes
  5. Create and Inspire challenge - Anything goes
That's it for today!!!  It sure was a BUSY day!!!  Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!!!

Hugs

Comments

  1. Another wonderful creation! I told you, your skills improve with each project! Keep growing and keep going!
    Hugz and Luv,
    Chana
    Oh, yeah! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such funny owls. :)
    Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining our challenge at Create and Inspire, lovely card..hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. No-one could say that your work is not original! Love this little mini work of art with the Mesh and cork stickers as embellishments . Thank you for sharing with us here at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, very creative, love that you started with a cereal box. Beautiful card the image is simply striking. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs    
    Berni,DT
    open-mindedcraftingfun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway