Destiny Tinman - Fairy Ink post

Destiny Tinman was my inspiration for the sentiment that was ideal for a postcard to send to a friend.
I have a friend who was in need of some pick me up!  So I thought this would be the perfect postcard to cheer her up!  And I'm very happy to report that it did work.  And how easy is it to make a little postcard like this when you have a great image to work with and just some recycled material.  
Of course I'm French.... so I messed up the saying... should have said Tin-king of you... and not Thin-king of you... oh well I'm sure that was also part of what cheered my friend up lol
I have made a little video to share with you the process of this in case you want to do something similar and this one was a SUPER fast make so you have no reason not to try this out.

And here's the actual little postcard that I made.

The image was colored with my copics.  I fussy cut her out.  The background was simply some deli paper that I use as the cover sheets to my desk when I work.  They become covered with yummy paints and work fantastically for this type of fast little project.  I handwrote the sentiment and then fussy cut it and edged it with some Faber Castell pen.  The edge of the postcard was also edge with this.  I finished it off with some little dots all around.
I hope you will be checking out this new image and that you will be inspired to send some mail to your friends! 

I'm entering this in the following challenges:

  1. Fab n funky challenges - No Designer paper - it's all mine :)  drop wax paper!!!  see video
  2. Inspiration destination challenge blog - anything goes
  3. The sisterhood of crafters - No designer paper
  4. The crafty addicts - Anything goes/add a sentiment
  5. Wordart wednesday - anything goes
That's it for this post!!!  You will want to check out my youtube again today because there is something else coming!!!

Hugs


Comments

  1. Awesome creation hun, love the colourful background!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Vicky and I understand how this was a huge pick-me up for your friend! Beautiful colors and the loving thought that went into it was heartwarming! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘NO DESIGNER PAPER’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing job on the paper Vicky! So clever and looks stunning. Fab image too. Thanks for playing along with Fab 'n' Funky this week in our 'No Designer Papers' challenge. Perfect entry. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card, thanks so much for sharing it with us over at the Crafty Addicts!!
    Hugs Donna(DT)
    xx
    Kraftyscot Handmade Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the vibrant colors you incorporated in this card. We are blessed that you linked with our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday and inviting you to join us again in our current challenge. Leaving you with the encouragement from God's Word in Romans 15:5-6 which tells us, "May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." Have a great Memorial Day weekend.

    Blessings,
    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway