Dia de los muertos

Good evening everyone!  Well it's evening here anyway... and it's getting dark earlier and earlier... I like the change of colors of the leaves but hate having to pick them up and most of all to know that winter is coming at our doorstep!

I've been meaning to play at Smudgy antics all week!!!!!  And I'm at a few hours of the challenge expiration. I thought I had lots of time today but since my hubby is gone to his dad's house I had to do all of the cleaning and grocery shopping by myself... as well as the cooking and preparation for the week.  And to make matters worse, I started a laundry load to find out my 1 year old washing machine was giving me this god awful code.  Since hubby dearest was away (and why do these things happen when I'm alone?!?) I did some research on the net to find out that it's possibly the electronic board!!!!  YIKES that sounded expensive but most of all I had to wash the clothes!!!!  So I followed one of the tricks mentioned which was to open up the electronic panel and blow on it, just in case there was some dust or something...   When I tried to start it again it gave me the weird signal and then started!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!  I made my 2 remaining loads but by then I was exhausted lol

So after finishing off everything I finished off a DT card and then figured I still had just barely enough time to participate at Smudgy antics.

I also wanted to send this card to a special lady that needed some pick me up!  well you would think that this card would not be the right one for a pick me up... but she likes Halloween!  You can read about her here.  I'll be sending it out as soon as it's dried lol not messing up another card like I've done before...

For this card I used a fabulous digi that we got free last week at the party over on the Rick St-Denis blog!!!  Sooooo much fun.  His digis are really fabulous. If you haven't seen his work you should really check it out.

So the digi that I used is called Let's pahrtay!

For this card I kept it simple. I used some black cardstock and added a bunch of tombstones that I made using my cuttlebug rip die and my graveyard scene by spellbinder.  I added some stickers and little bats.

Here's a closer look at the digi that I colored using my copics.  I added some glossy accent to the eyes:
And of course I had to use one fabulous sentiment from Create with TLC.  I used one of my CM tearing tool to tear the paper around it.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. Smudgy antics - Day of the dead (well mine is rising...)
  2. Sparkle and glitter with rick - Sweet or spooky Halloween (went with spooky but then... a ghoul with a party hat on is not really spooky...lol)
  3. Craftymess challenge blog - Halloween
  4. Poe quoth the raven - anything goes
  5. Dude time doodles - Halloween (this card would be just as perfect for a man)
Have a wonderful Saturday night everyone!  I'm going to be commenting some cards... and then most probably off to bed I go lol

Hugs


Vicky
xo





Comments

  1. Wow!! You wore me out just reading that LOL I had trouble with the dryer a few weeks ago.. completely died! Ughh Not good when you mess with the laundry! Glad it worked for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Oh.. and I LOVE your card :) Got all distracted by everything else hehehe LOVE that sentiment! And the gravestones! this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a creepy card! thank you for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics and at Quoth the Raven

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us at Sparkle and Glitter-love the way youve done Lets Pahrtay-he looks great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic thanks for joining us at craftymess. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun :) great job! Thank you for taking part in this weeks challenge at Smudgy Antics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, great idea, thanks for joining us at craftymess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is brilliant, I hope it does the trick and cheers your friend up. Thanks for playing on Sparkle and Glitter with Rick, Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this, such a good entry for our challenge this fortnite at craftymess which is halloween

    Hugs
    Judie
    www.crafty-emblies.org

    ReplyDelete
  10. That image is amazing and I love your card you created for our friend. So glad you shared it with us at Dude Time Doodles Halloween challenge this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card! Just perfect for a Dude! Thanks so much for playing in the Halloween Challenge at Dude Time Doodles this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun card for Halloween and such a spooky spook! Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Dude Time Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, love the image and all the detail. Thanks for sharing with us at Dude Time Doodles.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant card, I love the image, Thanks for joining in with us at Dudetime Doodles this week, good luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This is skeery!!! That image is soo cool! Thanks for joining us at Dude Time Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  16. creepylicious really cool
    thanks for joining the sparkle and glitterchallenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you got that washing machine going again...lol Mine went on the blink a few weeks ago...Not fun...This card is spooky...for sure...But wonderful job. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great spooky creation! Thanks for entering the Dude Time Doodles Challenge - hope you can join us again next time! Dude Time Doodles

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very spooky indeed! Thanks for playing the Sparkle and Glitter challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vicky you Rock as always Girl!!! Thanks for playing with us at Sparkle and Glitter with Rick St.Dennis challenge Blog.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Vicky, Love this image you used and in such perfect surroundings. Thank you for sharing this with us at Sparkle and Glitter with RSD and Smudgy Antics

    ReplyDelete
  22. Spooky!!! Love he headstones... Thanks for sharing at Sparkle and Glitter with Rick!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway