Fairy - keeping busy

I've been feeling down in the dump.... and I mean really really down in the dump.  I went to empty out my office on Saturday (you can imagine how it was emotionally draining and such).... and got a nail in one of my tires...... :(

We were having my oldest son's girlfriend and my daughter's boyfriend over for supper that day... and I had the special visit of my dad.  It was fab that it took my mind off my issues... but that soon caught on to me actually the next day I was feeling blah and today was the pits.

All I wanted to do was stay in my pjs in bed... didn't want to do anything.... and I really had to go and get my tire fixed but I didn't want too.... didn't want to do anything and I could feel the depression edging closer.... wanting to come back.... and I was ready to just let it come back with open arms and just go and crawl in a corner to cry.

But then I thought how I have fought this soooooo hard and I can't give up.... it would be so very easy right now to just let it all go.  And man that's all my body is telling me to do just give it up.  So in the end I got dressed and then went to the garage.  Got the mechanic at the garage laughing at my bad luck.... lol at least I can still get people to laugh.  Then got back home and yeah.... didn't want to do anything.  No craft no nothing.

I still managed to!  And I forced myself to create stuff for my Etsy store.  Just because.  It's not that way that I will make money really because so far no sale lol but at least it gave me something to focus on and to try to do.  And for that small amount of time I felt almost worthy of still being here.

I used the fab new image Fairy that I purchased from Julia Spiri.  She's so very cute and I made a little shadow box book out of it.

I have made some other items as well and you can see me showcasing them in a little video here:
The book was purchased at a little thrift store and it helps some good organization in the society close here so all good.  I cut out the cover and some of the pages underneath.
 
The flower was handmade using a Tim Holtz die and then I coffee dyed it and sewed a button in the center.  I have made more of those flowers and you can purchase them in my etsy store


The image was colored with my copics. And I put some stickles on the wings.  Here's a side view of the book

And the other side where you see the gold pages
If you are interested in this item you can purchase it here

I'm entering this little book in the following challenges:
  1. Crafting from the heart challenge blog - anything goes
  2. Craft your passion challenges - Anything goes
  3. Eureka stamps - anything goes
  4. Stamps by Julia Spiri FB group - Anything goes using one of those images
  5. Get creative challenges - Fantasy
  6. Come and get it challenge - Use a stash item - used button
  7. That craftplace blog - Mixed media anything goes
That's it for me for today.  One day at a time right?!?  Tomorrow I'm seeing my psychologist and I'm sure hoping that she will have tricks for me to use to cope.

Hugs

Comments

  1. Ok my sweet friend you are not aloud to be down in the dumps any more..ok? Beautiful art love that book!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoWza !!! Now that is really cool :-D Such a pretty image and I LUV those flowers :-) How do you stick the pages of the book together ?... or don't you ???? :-)
    Sorry to hear about the tyre. I know you are having a really hard time but hang in there Chickie :-D You CAN do this xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Vicky - I can't wait to see what you make when you're NOT depressed!! I will admit - you are really having a run of bad luck BUT the good news is it can't go on forever!! Things will get better! I do so admire you for fighting the "I just don't want to do anything" feelings - I know, it's so hard to make yourself keep going. I have COPD and some days the fighting to just breathe takes every bit of energy, but if I don't make myself move forward every day, things only get worse and I feel worse! Hang in there -- you are not alone!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky, don't feel so bad, they are the losers! at the end of the day we are just numbers. I put my all into my job for 14 years, then retired at 67 - thankfully! Someone told me a few weeks later, that it was said I had left them in the lurch? I had given them 3 months notice and they had employed someone to take over from me!! However that someone has left, there was too much work to do! even though the job I was doing on my own, they now had 2 people doing, the second person has now left - too much work and another has been employed. All in 18 months. I bet they miss me LOL.
    You will find your place just enjoy the peace and relaxation doing what you enjoy, something will come that will lift your wings.
    God Bless.
    Faith.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo amazing! Love your art! And I hope that life will give you more good surprises.
    Hugs, Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat idea & project! Thanks for joining us at Get Creative Challenges! Angie-Owner

    http://angiescardsanddigisblog.blogspot.com/
    http://getcreativechallenges.blogspot.com/
    http://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/AngiesCardsandDigis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great art piece Vicky. Love it. Thank you for joining us at Come and get It this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great creation! I hope you feel better soon.
    Thanks for sharing and joining us at Craft Your Passion.
    Myriam (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card - thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart,

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful project. Love those flowers. Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place, Nicola X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway