Getting myself back up....

Hello everyone!  I got some devastating news 2 days ago.  My job was abolished.  So even if I was ready to go back on a progressive basis well I have no job to go back too.  It's taking me so very long to scrap the bottom of myself from the floor.  And to read this news well... it just brought it all back.

I had to remember if it was all worth anything.... most of all AM I worth anything.  And I have to say that I'm totally BLESSED to be surrounded by so many loving people.  Everyone pulled close to me and sent me virtual hugs.  After spending 2 days crying none stop I have to find ways of getting myself back.

The best way that I know how is to go through what I did to get out of the initial big hole and that is to create.  So that's what I did.  I created something for my daughter.  It was in the pile of need to do and well today it got done.  Then, as I was pocking around FB I came across the cutest little release ever from Julia Spiri.  She makes such fabulous whimsical characters.  Totally my style. And when I saw that there was a deal on the new release I jumped on it.  And got one printed right away to work on her and journal her.

She's part of my healing process.... you know how the ant is suppose to work all the time and they are supposed to be compensated for that?!? when winter comes.... well that's not my case.... but I have to remember that somewhere out there is a job for me and that if this happened well there's a reason for it.  And it's probably because something better is awaiting for me right?!?

So here's my little journaling page to remember this!  I did the background in a gelli printing class and just love it.  It reminded me of fall colors.  I added some gelatos accent as well as some american craft metalic pen.  The sentiment is from an image found on the net about jobs.

I printed this image large and colored her up with my copics.  And then I fussy cut her out with my scissors and exacto knife.
I'm entering this little journal page in the following challenges:

  1. Stamps by Julia Spiri FB group - Anything goes
  2. Word Art Wednesday - anything goes
  3. Crafty-girls-creations - Anything goes
  4. Julia spiri challenge - Anything goes - twist is girls girls girls
  5. Southern girls challenge - Whimsical cute or fun
  6. Simon says stamp blog - No designer paper
That's it for me for today.  Might go and craft a bit more.... just to try to keep my head together!

Hugs

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about your job Vicky, but hang in there anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Great work!
    And Thank you so much for joining our challenge!
    Hugs, Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope that things improve for you. Such a stunning make and so inspiring. Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so fast and so beautiful, sorry to hear your sad news. Hang in there sweetie, there is always something just around the corner. Your sentiment is just perfect, more than you realise at the moment, but somewhere, someone truly is looking for someone like you <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sorry about your work,but you are strong lady and you can anything!
    I believe in you!
    this is very nice page
    sending you hugs and remember don't cry nothing is worth your tears...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and sweet Vicky...Hugs Lozzy xx sending big hugs and just think to your self when one door shuts another opens and its always a bigger and better door to walk through xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Vicky I am so sorry you are having such a hard time, but I am pleased you are taking comfort in your art and you have done an amazing job with this cutie. Thanks for playing along at Julia Spiri this time, and for using a JS image. Can' quite believe how quickly you work!! It's gorgeous, and hopefully will signify the start of brighter times for you.
    Hugs
    Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pray that the job that you are going to thrive in will appear. I like the image on this card and I totally agree with the sentiment. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 202nd AG challenge!
    Blessings and Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, I LOVE this gorgeous journal cover. What a fabulous image and oh so perfect for our current challenge at Southern Girls this week. Beautifully coloured and that journal page background is gorgeous. Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweetheart - I feel so awful for you :-( I know there is something wonderful out there for you and I hope it comes along soon xxxxxxxx

    Gorgeous page :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely work Vicky. Thank you for joining the challenge at Julia Spiri challenge blog. Hope to see you again next time.
    I hope there is something better for you around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! Vicky, my heart goes out to you, you have had a lot to deal with, however I KNOW that your skills are going to be needed by people who will appreciate everything you do. I LOVE your image journal and the PERFECT sentiment.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable. Love the sentiment :-) Thanks for joining us at Stamps by Julia Spiri, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amen~! Someone is definitely going to appreciate all your talents.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous! Such beautiful, warm color tones! Thank you so much for playing along with the No Patterned Paper Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vicky, we have a happy surprise for you over on the Southern Girls Challenge blog hun. Head on over and check it out. Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway