something new, something old, something borrowed and something blue!

Today I saw on the challenge from Whimsy stamps that they are doing an all white card ;)  Well I commented on one of my fellow DT from Tammy scrapin corner on her all white or almost all white card that I thought that was soooo hard to do... all white.  


When I got home I still had a page open on one of my internet explorer for a challenge about wedding.  And that got me thinking.  They had a digi that was available and I thought it would be great to create something with it.  So I jumped ;)


And I created something.  I decided to go all white except the little blue ribbon.  I used DWCV paper with sparkles and Divine swirls cuttlebug folder to emboss the white cardboard and get a bit of texture to this totally white card.

I used the freebie image from A day for daisies and left it completely white... yikes... sooooo hard ;)  I used lacey square to cut it out.  I put the sentiment on neenah paper and cut it with grommet tag from spellbinders.  I used a blue ribbon that I purchased at Omer Des Serres a local store for 1.50$ for the entire role!  How fantastic!!!!

I used little white brads to secure the sign.

So this is the old saying with my use!
Something new: the digi
Something old: the paper from my stash
Something borrowed:  The sketch from Catch the bug shown below
Something blue: The ribbon

So this is the sketch I borrowed ;0

So I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. Catch the bug blog - sketch
  2. Aud sentiments challenge blog - for bingo (congratulations, embossing, ribbon)
  3. Whimsy inspires - white on white
  4. A day for daisies - wedding - you have my take on the saying above ;)
This is really taking me out of my comfort zone.  I hope that you liked my take on this challenge.

Thank you for all the wonderful comments on my cards!  And big hello to all my followers ;)

Vicky
xo





Comments

  1. Gorgeous card Vicky!! I love what you did with that sketch and the all white looks beautiful!! Good job!

    Visit my blog. I would love more followers.
    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and elegant, I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very pretty! The white on white with the little blue ribbon is just lovely! Thanks for joining us for the sketch challenge at Bugaboo's "Catch the Bug blog.
    I hope to see you enter again next week!
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the white on white with touch of color. Thank you for sharing your creation with us in our "Sketch" challenge at Catch The Bug! We appreciate that you played along!! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Bugaboo Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, you did white on white very well ;) Love the embossing. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great white on white. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments. Please join us again soon.xx Rachelle AS DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew you could do it. Now you have to tell me what it says....lol I Love it....thanks for joining us Vicky over at Whimsy's. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card. You did great with the white on white. Thanks for joining us in our Bingo challenge at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicky, this is just lovely - I LOVE the all white with a touch of blue. You definitely have a BINGO joining us for our challenge at Aud Sentiments! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!!! Dee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway