Little summer boy

Tonight I really wanted to play at the Kraftin Kimmie challenge! I missed I think the last 2... and I had not missed them in quite a long time... never won... but one day I will lol but most of all I play because they allow me to use my wonderful stamps! I realized today while typing out my post that I had not stamped in awhile...

The stamp that I wanted to use was just perfect for this! I had purchased while it was on sale (because of the move) the really cute little summer boy! The perfect little summer stamp. I purchased him because it really reminded me of my boys and I thought I could include him in one of my scrapbook pages... well... it takes me awhile to scrapbook... so couldn't do that for tonight... but I had discovered today a great sketch as well. So I had everything to make this card ;)))


I used the paper from my Basic grey Lauderdale 6x6 paper pad ( I realized this weekend that I was neglecting this perfect paper for cards!!!)  I also used some left over paper from my Sassy Cheryl's post.  The red card stock is from DCWC.  The sand castle is from a sticker set that I think I got at Walmart for my scrapbooking... The amazing sentiment is from TLC!!!  Just loooooove the August club it's another sentiment that I got either today or yesterday... we get so many that I forget which day .... Thanks Paulette!  It's totally amazing!  I highly recommend it.

Here's a closer look at the stamp that I colored with my copics and then cut out:
hmmm it's a bit fuzzy... I think the camera did the focus on the bow that I actually removed from the picture...  And here's a look at the sentiment:
I used my CM corner punch to cut the corners off on the paper as well as for the sentiment.

I followed this sketch that I rotate:

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. Kraftin kimmie stamps - Summer fun
  2. Tuesday morning sketches - Sketch
  3. Sassy cheryls challenge - summer
  4. Crafty sentiments - Red, white and blue
  5. Lej designs challenge blog - summer's here
  6. Loves rubber stamps challenges - red, white and blue
  7. Shopping our stash - red, white and blue
  8. Sweet stamps blog - Patriotic or summer (I went with the colors... but with summer ;) )
  9. Desmet dt - for the boys (thanks to the message from Vee ;0 )
I hope that you have liked my card.  It was fun to make and a change from my quarterly forecast that I worked on all day.... little numbers on a big page lol!

Vicky
xo



Comments

  1. This is adorable~! Great job...love the coloring.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable Vicky! What a fun summer card! That ribbon is gorgeous too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a really pretty card, love the colouring job! Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect, perfect, perfect! It's adorable and so full of fun. Great coloring and I love the layout and sentiment.
    Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's SUMMER fun challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful, Vicky both image and desgn. Thank you for entering the challenge at LEJDesigns this week; good luck in the challenge. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky, if I may put another hat on for a minute, why not enter your card at Desmet Designs it has a "For The Men and Boys" theme? It closes today.
    Vee xx
    http://desmetdt.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/june-challenge-for-men-and-boys.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info ;) I just entered since it's not a challenge where a UK address is required!

      Delete
  7. How cute is this! Love this image and your coloring is so bright and fun. He will be great in scrapbooks, too. Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute image - great coloring. Love the polka dot DP - looks like bubbles. Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicky, nice sketch, but I really like what you did with it. Ssoo cute,everything you used fell nicely in place. Very cute stamp you color it wonderful. Good luck in your challenges : ) Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card and image!


    Thanks for joining us in Sassy Cheryl's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! Super cuteness! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super fun summer image and of course you've colored him up beautifully! Great work as always

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  14. So super cute! This is actually one of my fave "Cheryl" stamps! Love your card! Thanks for playing along with us at KKS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card and the image is perfect for a Summer Challenge card. Totally cute. Thanks for playing the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card,love the image.....thanks for sharing with us this week over at Crafty Sentiments. Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really fab, love the image and the bow is gorgeous. Thank you for joining in with the LEJ Designs challenge
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Made me smile :) Thanks for joining in with us at Desmet Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. super cute card...love that image and the way it fit into your sketch! thanks for joining in the red, white and blue or stars and stripes challenge at Shopping our Stash!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway