Summer time

Today is a blistering hot day in Montreal.  It's perfect if you have a pool and air conditioning!  I went to Quebec city today... and came back... overall over 6 hours in the car for work.  So I had plenty of time to think about the card that I wanted to make tonight ;)))

While going through all the challenges I like I realized that I had won the blog hope at My heart pieces.  I was soooooo happy (realize this is a happy dance ;) ).  So I really wanted to enter their next challenge which is summer fun.  I chose 2 fantastic digis.  And tonight I'm playing with one of them.


This is Ankhi.  Isn't she pretty?!?  Just hope I did her justice!   I colored her up with copics.  I used my circle and scalloped circle to cut the digi and the circles around her.  I used Mindy Terasawa -Daydream 8x8 and 6x6 paper.  It has the wonderful sparkly paper ;)  so girly!!!  I used little bling butterflies that I found at a dollar store.  I used a brad from Doodle bug design - boutique brad that I got from Scrapbook Central a local store that I really purchase wayyyy to much from  ;)))  The happy day stamp, I don't  remember where and by whom it is... The tag was no longer with it.

I followed this sketch:

I'm entering this card in the following challenge:
  1. Aud sentiments challenge blog - Bingo (Happy, flower, bling)
  2. Tuesday morning sketches - sketch
  3. My heart pieces digital - summer fun 
  4. Dutch dare - summer fun
  5. Getting cricky - summertime
  6. Sentimental sundays - summer fun
  7. Love to create challenge - summertime fun
  8. Cute card thursday - her comes summer
I had fun!  I always have so much fun crafting.  Really removes me from whatever is going on around me... be it sickness... work... etc.  People are surprised and I got the question tonight, how do I manage to craft and have 4 kids... well I probably don't watch as much TV as most people.  I rest while crafting!

Thanks in advance for your lovely comments and a huge welcome to my new followers!!!!!

Vicky
xo



Comments

  1. Great sketch and adorable image with perfect coloring. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did her justice. I love it. Love those butterflies. Congrats on winning the blog hop. Great card. Thanks for joining us over at Love to Create Challenges this week. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is precious. I really love this image. You are just fantastic
    We would like to thank you for Entering My Heart Challenge.
    Hugs from Tammy Ortiz - DT Digi Team for My Heart Pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely project. Thanks for joining in at Love to Create Challenge. xxxx Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on winning the blog hop! Lovely card! Have a great weekend
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely image! I really love your colors, too. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and digi!! Congrats on your win too!! Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge!!
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty creation you have there! UG! I can't handle being in the card for a long time anymore. I don't really travel a lot, so it's hard to handle it now :)

    I'd be oh, so happy if you joined us at Tuesday Alchemy http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com/ - You are a creative soul & we love that!

    Happiness,
    Corrinne

    PS - Win prizes at my blog (ends today so don't delay!):
    http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/06/you-are-invited-to-my-vegan-barbecue.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Love the sentiment with her and the tiny butterflies in the corners are precious. Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww sweet image. Congrats on your win, loving the happy dance lol!
    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments x

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is looking really nice Vicky, I really like this. And thank you so much for taking part at My Heart Pieces, hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is very pretty. What a sweet card. Thank you for sharing it with us. And thanks for joining in the Simply Sunday Challenge Fun at Getting Cricky.

    Heather
    Getting Cricky Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card! Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge Summer Time Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another winning card! So bright and summery - thanks for playing BINGO with us at Aud Sentiments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous card, enjoy that lovely summer weather!

    Many thanks for joining in the
    ♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
    this week! Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your use of the sketch for this card is just fabulous and I love your beautiful coloring of the image. Thanks so much for joining us at My Heart Pieces and congrats on winning our blog hop last fortnight.
    Danie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great interpretation of the sketch! Love that you used the same flower type os an embellishment...

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful creation! Ankhi looks so pretty! Thanks for joining us at My Heart Pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card!! Thanks for participating in MY HEART PIECES challenge this week!!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  20. ...and thanks for joining us at Love to Create Challenge!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway