Oldie ;)

Today was a windy day here in MTL.  Perfect for lunch out on the deck... but not so much for pool time.  But that's it... so a great day to craft!!!!  YAY!  Got 4 cards done this afternoon.  2 for DT work and 2 just for the fun of it.  Just wish I had more days off!  I get so much done with 3 days!  Crafting as well as housecleaning and time with the kids.

So the card I'm showing you now is obviously not for a DT... you will just have to wait for those.  It's a freebie that I found through a fellow DT at Tammy scrapin corner.  They had done a card for the challenge over at Birdie Brown using the freebie phone 01 that is provided (there's 2 that you can choose from).  And that freebie got us DT talking so much about the old phones... not sure I want to admit to this but I remember those....  I'm not going to say my age however lol.  I'll hide behind the fact that I was living in the country side ;))))

I just had the most fantastic paper for this card!  And ribbon as well!  The paper is from October Afternoon (Modern Homemaker) it's all retro feel paper.  So I thought this paper with the retro add as well as the red plaid paper.  The other paper is from my cut out stash...  I added some Robin Dew nest drops in silver (telling you I'm totally addicted to them!) and the sentiment I thought was great for this but I don't remember where it's from... sorry...  The ribbon is  Seam Binding from JP Coats my dad found it at a garage sale!  Thanks soooo much dad!  Just love those wonderful gifts that he brings me ;)))   

I followed this sketch:
I thought it was just perfect for this card!  It really felt retro to me.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. Birdie brown - wonderful phone freebie (big thanks to Candy for making me discover this)
  2. Fetch-a-sketch - the sketch
  3. 2 sisters challenge blog - Anything goes
  4. Incy wincy designs - Anything goes
I'm going to be back again with my next card ;)  I still have one creation to show you.  I want to say a big welcome to my newest follower Norma!  Big Hello ;)))  So happy to see new faces!  Now reached a wooping 60 ;)

Vicky
xo


Comments

  1. I'm so glad you found me, Vicky.:) I confess that I used this type of phone when I was a child. lol!
    Your paper choice is perfect for the image and the red ribbon added a great touch. Thank you for joining my freebie challenge!

    Torico

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week hugs Nikki & DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love that telephone - great interpretation of the sketch over at Fetch a sketch this fortnight
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT!!! that little telephone is so sweet!!
    thank you for joining us over on the FAS challenge blog
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful take on the sketch! Thank you for joining in at Fetch A Sketch – hope you can join us again for the next challenge! Fetch A Sketch Challenges

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway