Using my creativity ;)

Today as I was leaving my work place I noticed lying on the pavement next to the cars, a little fruit basket, the ones that you usually use for strawberries... hmmmm I just had to take it... So people that saw me must have thought I was nuts... and those that know me know that I am!  I'm nuts about crafting!!!!


I had seen a few challenges that would be interesting... and as I pick up this little piece of what people would consider trash I was getting some ideas to create something.  Tonight I was all excited to get to my craft room ;)


One of the challenge required that we use digi of flowers from a site giving out freebies.  Well one of my favorite site is from a fellow Canadian.  She is quite talented and for now there is still some freebies on her site.  Here's the link to the 2 images that I used: garden of weeding and flowers.  You really really should check her out!  And please leave her some love as you take wonderful images ;)


So without further ado here is my card:


Can you see where the basket is?!?  well yes... it's under the flowers.  I used all kinds of goodies for this card.  The paper is from It's the little things 6x6 paper pad and Basill Basics papers for the base of my card.  I used a bunch of different spellbinders here: big scallopped square, foliage shapeabilities, floral burst shapeabilities.

I used my copics to color the flowers and the grass on the sign. I colored the sign with vintage photo distress ink and inked the side of the square and around the digi of the flowers.  I also added a bit of ribbon.  Here's a closer look at the digi:


I used a doodlebug design boutique flower brad at the center of my flower.  That was the 1st time that I using my floral burst!  It was fun and I really loved how that brad put it together!

Here's the basket in it's original shape before you think I made it up ;) 
It's the bottom that I used.  I carefully cut out the sides.

So I'm entering it in the following challenges:
  1. Quirkycrafts - (discovered this challenge through Spyder corner one of my favorite blogs  wonderful artist with lots of wonderful freebies as well) - handmade flower and ribbon
  2. Use your stuff - make it by hand
  3. Lollipopcrafts - flowers in bloom
  4. Lej designs challenge - recycle something (I recycled the little plastic basket) ;)  didn't find it in my house... but I could have... if I had purchase some of those this week lol
So hope you liked how I used my creativity tonight.  I've been so busy making all kinds of cards... that it was nice to do one just because I had a crazy idea ;)))

Vicky
xo



Comments

  1. Vickie!
    You are toooooooooooooo cute! I am the say way Girl! Oh my goodness LOL! Love your card! Awesome inspiration as always.

    Hugz
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky, now this is so cute. I love the image and using the basket is wonderful. Way to go, I just love this...joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool way to use a strawberry basket. I guess I'll be saving the one that's in my fridge, LOL
    Thanks for playing along this week on the Use Your Stuff challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card, love the way you have recycled the basket very effective, love the flowers and great colors. Thank you for joining us at LEJ this week. Abbie DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabby make, very inventive :)
    Thanks for joining us at LEJ this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very smart V!!! love the way the card turned out! love ya xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant idea thanks for joining us at LEJ this week.

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really fab, what a brilliant idea, thank you for joining in with the LEJ Designs challenge
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! How inventive! Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway