DDC # 15 - Celebrate Dad

Well this is my 2nd post of the day ;)  Busy Monday!  This time it's my card for Digi darlas challenge and this week it's Celebrate Dad.  Just in time for Father's day.  Our sponsor this week is one of my favorite store:
Floppy Lattes Digital Designs ::All Digital All The Time

We had some amazing images to work with please check out the other fabulous card from our other DT.  And some created some amazing cards using Digi darlas images!  


I used Glitterbabe - Handyman dad it can be found in Floppy Lattés design store.  It was perfect for my dad's card since he helped us so much with our renovations.


I colored him up with my copics and created a sentiment that was fitting for my dad.  I also used unusual embellishments ;)  I went shopping in my husband's garage for some nails, bolts and washers.  Here's a closer look:
I just thought it was perfect for this card!

I'm entering it in the following challenges:
  1. Dude time doodles - Boys and their toys (my 3rd entry)
  2. Little claires designs - male theme (my 3rd and last entry)
  3. Dis digi designs - male inspired creations (my 3rd and last entry)
  4. One stop craft challenge - father's day
  5. Dream valley challenges - for that special guy (my dad! )
  6. Sassy cheryls challenge - Dad's and grandads
  7. Shopping our stash - Father's day 
  8. Digi doodle shops - male card
  9. Card mad fairy's Digi Days - father's day or something masculine
  10. The poodles parlour - Father's day/male card (3rd entry and last entry)
I hope you will come and join us this week at Digi darlas.  I can't wait to comment on your wonderful creations.

I hope my dad will like his card... ended up quite heavy ;)

Vicky
xo

Comments

  1. So perfect for dads! What a great Father's Day card. Reminds me of my dad. love it.
    Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's Grads & Dads challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful card and image. thanks for joining us at Poodles Parlour, good luck cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever to use nuts and washers for your embellishments! Great looking card. So glad you shared it with us at Dude Time Doodles for the boys and their toys challenge this week. Love all your entries this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an absolutely AWESOME father's day card--i especially love the assorted "hardware" in the background, so totally FAB! thank you for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GREAT Father's Day card, he is sure to love it! I love how creative you were wit the washers, nuts and the nails, I would have never thought of doing that !! it turned out fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card. I love it...joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Vicky! Thanks for entering a third card in our Boy's & Their Toys Challenge at Dude Time Doodles this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is fantastic and shopping in your hubby's tool chest is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have one lucky dad....this is sooo gorgeous!
    Thanks for playing at DVC
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so great! Love those little metal bits on your bg. Fun image too. Perfect card for the Dude Time Doodles Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you've put the real metal embellishments onto that pretty paper. Thanks for joining us at Dude Time Doodles this week, with your 3 spectacular cards! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous card. It made me laugh out loud when I read you went shopping in your hubby's garage. I bet it did finish up heavy. Still I am sure your Dad's worth the postage!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Vicky, this is a wonderful card, you are so creative love how you used hardware on your card. I'm glad to be in one team with you : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic! I just now noticed the nails around your image! What a great idea!! Lots of cuteness about this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great card! Your dad is going to love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome Father's Day card! Love the texture and the nails.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the actual hardware! That is so cool!! What a fab card. I fwd'd to Stef (aka Glitterbabe) so she can have a peek too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. absolutely fabulous! love that background and so glad you liked my image!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card - cute image and I love all the details you've added too.

    Thanks for joining us at Little Claire.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is excellent. Love the design with those layers and embellies. Thanks for playing at Digi Doodle Shop Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back thursday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant card, love those washers and bits. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway