2nd post on a Sunny day

So I actually managed to finish my 2nd card!!!!  I'm pretty happy with the results.

This one is partly due to a comment I received this morning from Corinne.  She was mentioning in her comment that it would be nice if I participated in her challenge... well... I had no idea that challenge existed... So I went and checked and they had some beautiful colors as inspiration.  Actually... I liked the colors soooo much that they inspired another card that will be shown on Monday.

So anyway, there was also a challenge that I had wanted to participate in at Meljens and that one was with a sketch.  So this was great, I had the sketch and the color combination!

I'm really really happy with the way it turned out.  I used paper from DayDream - first edition.  Just adore that paper, I had bought a 6x6 pack as well as an 8x8 pack for really a great deal at Winners.  Such amazing finds there!  It's the equivalent of TJ Maxx in the States!  And now they have scrapbooking material for fractions of the price.  So amazing.

I used my Label 5 spellbinder to cut the digi out and I used my CM circle to cut out the circle.

I used some flowers that I bought, I'm not quite sure where... and a flower charm.  For the ribbon, I wasn't sure what I should use... so I put the purple 1st and then the brown... and then I realized that the 2 together was the best combination!  So that was easy... it was the creation of the bow that took a bit more work because this is the 1st time that I create a bow with 2 ribbons at the same time.  Here's a closer look:

And  a closer look at the wonderful digi that I colored with my copics:

I've missed doing a few post a day on the weekend ;)

Here's the great sketch from Meljen's:

And this is the wonderful color combination:

So I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. Meljens designs - sketch
  2. Tuesday alchemy - color combination
  3. Aud sentiments challenge blog - bingo (thinking of you, die cut, charm)
  4. 2 sisters challenge blog - Anything goes
  5. Clear it out challenge - use more than 1 ribbon ;)
  6. Deep ocean challenge blog - welcome summer
I also would love for you to participate at Jacksons digital expressions.  There's still time for you to join this week's challenge.  It's anything goes, and if you want the twist is altered art ;)

I hope that you have liked my creation!  Looking forward to reading your comments.  And love to see new followers... so if you feel inclined... please join up! ;)

Have a great night.  I'm off to create but I don't  think I will be linking up tonight... more to come tomorrow.

Vicky
xo



Comments

  1. Adorable card Vicky!! I love your colors and you did great with the sketch too. Have a wonderful day!! Gloria

    Visit my blog. I would love more followers.
    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at Clear it out Tuesday and wish you all the luck with your challenge entry it sure is a wonderful piece of work...tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaww . . you are so lovely! I'm oh, so excited that you took me up on my invitation to join us at Tuesday Alchemy. This creation is splendid :) I hope to see you tomorrow for our new challenge.

    Happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Your image is perfect colored and i love your ribbon with flower charm!
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice!

    Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy this week!
    Hugs
    Katya x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card Vicky, the image is quirky and I love the layout, thank you for joining in the challenge at Aud Sentiments, good luck, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card. I really love the ribbon and the charm you added :)
    Thanks for playing with us at the Clear it Out Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colors! Thanks for showing us your ribbon and playing along with Clear It Out!
    Rachel B

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway