Little Christmas cheer

Hello everyone.  For my 2nd post of the day I'm here to share with you a little card that I made to cheer up a colleague's granddaughters.  For those of you that follow my blog, you will remember me talking about my colleague who had lost her son in law.  This will be the 1st Christmas for the family and already it's pretty emotional...

So that family included 2 daughters (both figure skaters) and one hockey player.  I thought I would make a special card to show the little figure skate girl.  So I'm using a fabulous digi from Mi Ran and it can be found here.

Here's my card with her.

The paper is from one of my favorite sets at the moment!  It's Bobunny - Snow day.  I used my snowflake border, my scallop and large circle from Spellbinder.  I also added a little tag made with my Magnolia die.  Just love those!!!  I got this one at Stamp and create store.  I added the snowflakes that came out for the border and added little pearls to them.  I put a great digi from Create with TLC it was part of the last club!!!  It's called my new skates 2.  I thought it was the perfect embellishments.  I used some ribbon from my stash.

Here's a closer look at the digi colored with my copics.  I used a great sentiment also from Create with TLC

So do you think this card will cheer them up?!?

I followed this sketch:


I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

  1. Outlawz challenges - Sketch challenge
  2. The shabby tearoom - Terrific tag - I incorporated one here.
  3. 2creative chicks - Christmas/Winter
  4. A little bit crafty - Christmas Cheer
  5. abc-challenge - A is for Almost Christmas
  6. Cards galore challenges - Christmas
  7. Ladybug crafts - Christmas/Winter
That's it for me!!! There's a post on my darker blog as well for those of you that dare to check it out ;o)

Hugs

Comments

  1. I'm sure it WILL cheer them up Vicky. So thoughtful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the fun image and all the details!
    Thanks for joining us in the challenge at 2 creative chicks!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet Vicky. I'm sure she will love it. The skates tag that you created is just so darn cute. Beautiful layout and colour scheme as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Vicky. I love this image and the skates really make it even better. Great job! Happy Holidays! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, Cute, Cute, Vicky! Love the blues and those ice skates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous skater card Vicky. The image is beautifully colored and the design is very elegant. I am sure your friend's daughter will love it. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at ABC Challenges.
    Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, I love that image, and your papers are fabulous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, what a darling little card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful image and perfect coloring ! Thank you for joining us at TSTR challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  10. A darling card!!
    Thank you for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Vicky. I really love the wonderful colors. Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway