Half moon Santa

Well Christmas is creeping around around the corner!!!!  And well with the fact that I haven't been well I have decided that we are not going to my family... and we are not doing a Christmas tree.... so we didn't pull out any of our regular decorations  (couldn't find the energy to go through all those boxes for what I would put). I just purchased some new stockings and some hangers and got some lights to go on the mantle and a Christmas wreath... that's all the decorations we have.

I have to admit for someone that usually goes over the top (Christmas in every room of the house) this seems quite bare... so I've been making some decorations with digis.  And this is one of them :)  It's unique and since I dated it... will be able to use it in the following years in our tree and remember that we HAVE passed through this together as a family!!!  I'm soooooo grateful for my family and my friends right now.  Don't think I would have been able to go through it all without them.

Here's my little ornament using a great digi from Sassy Cheryl that I got on sale :)  Looooove her art and haven't been playing much recently.

I fussy cut the shape using the template that was in it.  I colored him up with my copics and added a bunch of stickles to the hat.  I'm pretty happy with how he turned out!!!

Here's a closer look
cute right?!?  Well I think so... and so do the kids :)  I think they are happy to see a bit more Christmas stuff but they have been champions and supported me through all this even if it means no going to grandpa and grandmas house this Christmas!

I'm entering this ornament in the following challenges:

  1. Sassy Cheryl's FB challenge - Anything goes with a Sassy image
  2. The sisterhood of crafters - Santa Claus
  3. C.R.A.F.T. - Christmas
  4. Crafting by designs - Anything goes - All things Christmas
That's it for this post.  Hope you have a great Night!!!!

Hugs

Comments

  1. Oh Vicky this is lovely! Fabulous coloring and a beautiful ornament that will make you smile from year to year! Hope you feel better soon! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s SANTA challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ornament, Vicky :-D I made two of them last week and must admit that these hand made ornaments are way cooler than bought ones :-D
    Your coloring is AMAZING! I like it a lot :-D
    I wish you all the best and I hope you´ll be getting better soon :-D
    (hugs)
    Milka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky I am really sorry to hear that you have not been well. Please know that you are in my thoughts and may the spirit of Christmas be good for you in many ways. Absolutely loving the image in the bauble. Such a great tree decoration xxx
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous ornament, Vicky! It's wonderful that you're able to put something together despite everything. You're in my prayers, hon. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling ornament design, I hope you feel better soon.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky this is wonderful. Of course I love Sassy Cheryl's images and wow your coloring of this one is fabulous. I do hope you take care of yourself and get your energy back. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bauble! really gorgeous! Thank you for joining us on the CRAFT christmas challenge! Irene DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway